Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got back from moab...had to come home early cuz....

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 55Willy, Aug 25, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

like I went!!!!!!! i'v been sitting in front of this thing waiting for the first lap top computer posting from a moaber. but nnnnoooo nothing new here... man, i'm sooo going next year /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

-Jeremy

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That's what you said this year! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, if I had gone, I would of done some checking in via laptop. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing nobody's checking in because they're madly working on thier trucks either to get back on the trail on Monday, or just to get home. Saturday was massive carnaige day for many. I had a good time and very much enjoyed meeting everyone who was there. Too bad I have to work tommorow.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

VERY BIG EMERGENCY...

this is chevyfumes stepson and his cell phone does not work is moab!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif my grandfather passed away 2day and i was wondering if anybody knows someone that is in moab with a cell phone so that i can reach him.

thank you so much, peace!

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

all i need is a phone#. PLEASE VERY URGENT!!!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Steve fox is at the Hotel 6. Chevy Fumes is at the Slickrock campground. They should both be in the directory, and could pass the message. Dang, I was camping with his group last night.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

thank u so much it was very helpful

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

oh man i bow down 2 u!! u r a good person thanx so much

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I also said I would be wheeling by now.

I also said I was getting 38.. change of plans
    I was also running 4" ranchos up front...change of plans
    was running a ORD flip in the rear with stockers... change of plans
    Thought a 10 bolt was good enough...change of plans.
    Was also planning a TBI swap on a 305... may go 350 or even a 396 :O

things change... i just change along with them.

-Jeremy

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

About 9:30 on Thursday night, I decided that I would breeze over to Moab and meet the BB02 folks. (Mainly because the weather report called for temps about 10 degrees below normal!) So Friday morning I got up, loaded the truck and boogied. Met a great bunch of folks! Saturday left many trucks limping home. The carnage was pretty impressive! Broken driveshafts, bent driveshafts, broken axles, blown trannies and a roll over.

The really cool thing was that Shawn showed up with the Potent Rodent and had an empty passenger seat, so I spent Saturday riding in that beast over Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim Trails. I can tell you for sure that the Potent Rodent is a very pretty truck, but Shawn is NOT afraid to wheel the wee out of it. And that port fuel injected 496? HOLY HORSEPOWER BATMAN!!!! That thing flat a$$ moves!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Even though we were at 4500+ feet the whole time, that thing causes temporal rifts in the space-time continuum when he nails the loud pedal! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif It is one totally awesome ride!

I had to leave Sunday so I could get to an appointment Monday morning. A few others were leaving early as well, but there were still a lot of awesome K5's, pickups and Subs in Moab as I pulled out of town. I'm sure that the details of the carnage will be showing up soon. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Thanks Harry! LOL Glad you liked the ride and I really enjoyed your company. I was looking for you in the parking lot Sun. morning but figured you took off. Fox, TJ and I just did 1/2 day. Had a little fun, didn't break anything so it was good. I'll have to make it the springs one of these days.

13. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

None of the gang at Slickrock Campground got up early on Sunday, meaing that it was VERY quiet! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif So it was well after 7 before the ol' eyes opened up. By the time I took a shower and got the tent and stuff put away, I figured that you guys were long gone. So I visited around camp for a while, then visited the "garage" over at the Motel 6. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I took off between 11 and 12, along the river route back to I-70. I stopped a couple of times along the way to explore side roads into the desert. Finally made it back to the Springs around 7:30. Thanks again for the great time!