Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Got Back From Skiing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Two things are now OBVIOUS to me. Mikey wasnt joking about the hills in Minnesota...and after 9 hours of skiing I still dont know how to stop. Skied all the Greens all but one blue and tryed a black 3 times and ate it every time:doah:

What was killin me was when I got their I was eating it down the bunny hill for like a half hour...theres like 5 year olds skiing down the hardest slope...with no poles.

Ill post a more detailed story later, Im goin muddin out at our farm since its almost like 50 out.

Also everyone give Mikey hell cuz I told him what motel me and my buddys stayed in and hes never came over.

Oh and Minnesota beer sneaks up on ya too:D

2. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

You should make the trek a littler further north and try our beer. It will sneak up on ya hard.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

We left Iowa about 7 am, got to ManKato about 10 skied till about 7. We were gonna drive back but I was too sore for 3 hours of driving. So we crashed in a motel for the night.

Funniest thing of the day had to be my inability to stop. Theres a Blue with a good curve for speed, well it was about 630 or so and we decided we would ride that blue down and hop a lift to the front side.

Two buddys in front of me and the other two behind me. I was Seriously haulin the mail.

Im gettin real close tryin to slow down. Could tell it wasnt gonna happen so I holler out "Comin In Hot" real loud and just eat it. Jake told me he saw me go down then stuff just flyin everywhere.

At some point we decided to try the terrain slope with ramps and rails for the snowboarders...im glad someone came up with that idea. Justins fiance Jen was like to hell with you guys. Adam went down did a table top jump and two others just fine. Justin did the table top and make it. Jake did a little one and made it just fine. Well my Ego wasnt about to let me be showed up:doah: . Tryed a little one...ate it...got going again tryed the last one on the way down...ate it again. Yep we did that about 3 times...

I did quite a few blues all day. Actually I think I tryed all but 2 Blacks, 2 experts and 1 blue. I didnt think I did to bad. Need to work on my stopping. Came blazeing into a lift line behind my buddy and took out a pole:crazy:

I just thank god i never ran into anyone.

If nothing else I was great entertainment for the little kids riding the lift and watching me eat it 2 or 3 times on the same black.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

I was probably only about 100 yards from you at one point in the night, but I was in no shape to drive or tell the driver where to go.

FYI - You can get kicked out for taking rental skis over the tabletops and jumps.

5. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

there are hills there? They why do all the min's come here to ride sleds?

6. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Cuz you guys get snow....

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I didnt realize you could ski without snow....

8. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yaaa we getcha da snow eh and we getcha da big hills ya dontcha know :D

Actually I meet so many minn trucks on the way to cooke city, MT. Talked to a few and they will get ready all week, leave thurday night right after work (take friday off of course), drive through the night and get to cooke friday noon-ish, ride friday night, sat and sunday morning, leave sunday noon and get back in time to go to work monday. I'm glad that playground is less than an hour away :laugh: