Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got back in herefrm beating the snot out of a tecumseh lawn mower

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 4, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

4 horse, push mower, late model, not over two years old, got it last summer from original owner

frickin POS !!!!!1

original problem wasthat the red primer button would never work, would take three times to get it to stay running when cold

i could put upwith that after taking carb off and cleaning it out and such and it still did same thing, so i lived with it

well..... its gotten worse, wouldnt start at all today and gas startedleakingout of it bad, so i got tiredof it and found another carb, i getit on and ill be damned if its flodding out too.,

screwed around with it and bent the governor linkage arm at the block and finally got it to run long enough to mow a section of the lot out here,

shut if off,

waited til now to startit back up and run it again to mow another section and the damned thing wouldnt start for nothing no matter what i did with the spring orlinkage rods at the carb, i am fed upand wanted to beat the crapoutof it earlier and i did with the axe in which broke the fuel tank off, so i went back and wired it to the engine, and thats when it ran and i mowed the first section,

i just got back in here from cleaning up after grabbing the axle and beating the crap out of the pos, completely busted upthe entire crankcase andouilis everywhere and im glad !

who the hell designed the governor setups on these things and why ? i will never trust another lawn mower engine ever, ive had briggs and lawn boy and tecumsehand theyre all garbage !!!!!!!

i cant live with a pos that wont run that i spent money on to have a good running reliable mower. in which of course didnt happen this time either,.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!1

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    i just got back in here from cleaning up after grabbing the axle and beating the crap out of the pos, completely busted upthe entire crankcase andouilis everywhere and im glad !

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI'd have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one...

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Ever watch the movie "Blaze"? Paul Newman as Governor of the great state of Louisiana.

A reporter was at his house to interview him, reporter was in the house chatting with Newman's mistress. The reporter asked is he ok? I mean is he sane? Then outside the window, Newman shoot's his mower that won't start with a 12 gauge. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Did You eat Paint chip's as a kid?

[/ QUOTE ] Huh huh huh uh....Yeah..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Must have been hi-test premium leaded of course. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

MMmmmm lead.....So soft and tangy...... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif