Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got back...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chevit, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

from the coast to pick up the RV. We were just pulling out from my Uncle's place and three doe's run out in front of the Blazer, so I stoped to watch them, and here comes a monster 6 point buck right behind them. He was not interested in anything except the doe's. I could of plugged him with my 30-30 that is always in my rig. If there wern't so many houses around...S.O. a B. He was huge... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could of plugged him with my 30-30 that is always in my rig. If there wern't so many houses around...S.O. a B. He was huge... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Regardless of whether or not there were any houses around or any people to see it, I still see hopping out of your truck on the road and "plugging" one as [darn]'d up.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    Regardless of whether or not there were any houses around or any people to see it, I still see hopping out of your truck on the road and "plugging" one as [darn]'d up.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not me...its just being in the right place at the right time. Makes no differece to me if I had been out hunting all day on foot then jumping in my rig to head back to camp and seeing an animal I would shoot it. The one I saw was not on the road it was 100 yards off of it. So if its is off the road by 25 yards or three miles from the nearest road as long as you are not shooting across a road all is good in IMO

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, thats a bummer, that would of been a good one

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey at least you got to see it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

It was great to see /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif would have been better looking at him thru might sights... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Ever see the mechanical decoy sting? 'Deer' about 30 or 40 yards off a secondary road...and camera's from a couple of places to capture the stupid in action.

From what I recall, shooting from the road was what the sting was all about...

That decoy must have had a hundred rounds in it the first few months they were using it.

Rene

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I think they just outlawed the mechanical ones in Oregon, but the can use the stationary decoys. They have had numerous stories in the past on the local news about people shooting from their rigs and from the road all caught on tape. I do not hunt illegally and I would not shoot from a road across a road or with houses nearby, but if that sucker is off the road and so am I he is mine. We just had an incident about three weeks back were some guy shot a buck in a residential neighborhood. I think he got the book thrown at him, which he should... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif