Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got BDS springs and question??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxrcr589, Mar 30, 2004.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

I just got my 6" BDS springs and the BDS front box kit with them, well my question is that the front springs have shims already on them and then the rear does not, but in the front box kit they gave me it has more shims, are these just extras for the front or are they used for the back springs, the holes in the shims are too small to fit on the rears, do you have to take the center bolt out, cuz if so i would need a longer one where would i get one.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You can get centering pins at any 4x4 shop or suspension shop for a few bucks to set up degree shims.
    Bill

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh those shims are for the rears. I had to do this w/ my BDS. You pull the centering pin out and it is thinner where it goes through the pack. Slide the pin back in through the shim, into the pack and its all good. I didnt need new pins, but mine was a 4" lift.

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

You will need the shims in the back w/ 6in springs. They didn't give you new centering pins w/ your shims (they did mine, IIRC). Anyway, when you do get a new pin make sure you clamp the spring pack near the center pin location before you take the old one out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Hmm... I didn't get any shims bolted to my 6" BDS front springs when I got mine 2 months ago. That's odd /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif