Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got home

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Butch, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Had a Blast. Did Potato Salad, Dump Bump and Hell's Revenge on Friday, Led on Rusty Nail Saturday with tons of Carnage. Carnage count 1 tranny, 1 tie rod end, 1 front pinion, 1 60 stub, 1 60 hub, 1 front shaft, 1 clutch linkage, and a rollover. Sunday Me and Billy Ray did Lower and Upper Heldorado. Both our sheet metals are worse for wear, but we both drove it with the only broken part being a winch controller. My rear shaft made it through but has deep grooves and one dent. Most of the pics are at http://community.webshots.com/album/48410265DEESRp and http://community.webshots.com/album/48410756BUxSGu except for lower and upper which I am waiting on.

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Wow that is some hard-core stuff /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Damn I wish I could have made it. I'll be thinking of you while I run the Rubicon in Sept.

David

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn looks great there! must have been some good times..i dont think i would want to have no roll over in my blaz though haha..

Bryan

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Cool pics Tim! Didn't know you took those at Hells gate. I should get mine back on Wed. Will post soon. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

Thats cool I didn't know anybody took pics of that hairy line that mark and I took next to that huge cliff.

7. bUrLyBlAzEr89

bUrLyBlAzEr89 Registered Member

wow butch those are some really great pics and close calls lol must of been fun

8. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I will get tthe pics.. posted this week on upper and lower . ???? Did Steven do upper on Mon. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

Glad to see we all made it back. I thought you were planning on staying out a little longer...

10. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, 3 of us did upper on Monday. Stephen, the ORD buggy, and me...

11. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

How did it go? Any good Carnage?

12. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Nope, not really. Stephen picked up some body damage but nothing serious as far as I know. The ORD buggy did a little lathe work on the rear shaft, but it survived. I had several small things break but nothing serious. I just broke the plastic retainer on a headlight which fell out (not even busted), knocked the gas filler loose (due to stupid location), broke the core support braces (they were temp till I build a tube front and built from thin conduit), and my rear springs are toast. Actually, the rear springs got a little fubar on Rusty Nail when my 42s went *under* a shelf and got wedged. Upper just finished them off. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Nothing serious enough that I couldn’t easily drive out and do another trail. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I don't think that is too bad for a new (barely together) rig on its maiden voyage...

13. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

GLAD TO HERE SOME OTHER K5'S WENT THROUGH. TIM AND I HAD A GREAT TIME ON UPPER AND THE WATERFALL WAS COOL COMING OUT. I WILL TRY TO POST THE PICS. SOON. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

I've got a lot of pics of Stephen's Jimmy and Beck's buggy on Upper Helldorado. Just got back yesterday about 10:00 pm and I'll get the pics up asap.

Ryan