Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got in fight with pit bull

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by koldsimer, May 11, 2006.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So my pup starts going crazy at my back door. I see two pits in my back yard, one male mostly white about 70lbs, one mostly brown female about 50 lbs. As a matter of principal, I haven't fixed the hole in my fence due to disagreements with my landlord concerning lawn care and fence maintenance. I open the back door enough to yell at the dogs to try and scare them. They just look at me for a second and continue to run around peeing. I grab a 6" blade and 2ft piece of pipe. I go into the back yard and the small one starts coming at me all friendly like. I didn't want them to think it was ok to be in my backyard, so I smacked the pipe on my concrete porch and yelled real loud while it was coming to me. It got scared and that triggered big dog to come at me snarling. I hold the pipe up high to try and scare it, he keeps coming. The dog gets to about 3 feet away and looks like he's gonna make a charge so I swing and catch him in the front leg/shoulder. He got the message and limped off as fast as he could. The other dog was nowherer to be found. I call my buddy tell him to come over. We see the dogs circle the neighborhood a couple of times. We make eye contact, they pause for a second, then run off. Dog battle 2006. Man, I love animals and I hate to hurt any animal but he deserved it I think. The neighbors kids stood on the tramploline looking over the fence the whole time... they are still there. All while trippin' on my pain meds so bad I can hardly stand with my eyes shut.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol you beat up a puppy! good one!

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

do what you gotta do brother. i don't like hurting animals either BUT ... i'd fix the hole.:D save your self the aggy.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

They'll probably jump ya in the dark, hide in he bushes and leap out and rip out your throat! 'ell, they can even climb trees! Be like a 70 lb squirrel landing on your back!!! :eek1:

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude, hes on pain meds. Think hes holed up watching over his shoulder right now.:eek1: :haha:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

DON and CBBR :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

If a pit ever walks into my yard, he's getting high speed lead poisioning IMMEDIATELY. If that hurts people's feelings, tough taters, that's just the way it is.

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd fix the hole in the fence.. those pits could've gotten your dog if it was out by himself..

a few years ago, some aquaintences of mine were dog -sitting for another mutual friend.. they also wouldn't fix the hole in their fence because they thought it was someone elses responsibility.. besides, THEIR dogs always came back when they escaped thru the fence.. anyway, the guest dog got out, and was promptly hit by a train.

self righteous pride, 1, innocent dog 0.

Tom

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

You really do fight at the drop of a hat! :haha:

As many pain killers your on, im suprised you are still able to stand!

10. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

x's 2. I used to live in a duplex many years ago, our two car garage was in the back of the building. we had to go through the back neibors yard to get to it which we had the right to per the landlord. well this guy(back tennant) was an asshole, he abused his wife and little boy all the time. he and I had words all the time. he had a big German Shepperd that was mean as hell cause he beat it too.

it had been quarenteened on several occasions for biting people in the past. he was allowed to have a dog per the landlord but had to have it on a leash even while in the yard. his leash so long though that the dog would come right up to the walk way. it was scary as hell to go into the back yard cause it would run right up to the walk snarling, savagely. I would walk along the fence to put some distance between it and myself.

on night I went into the back, it was dark and the walk way light was out. as I just got to the back to go out to our garrage I here this growl right behind me! then it turned into a viscious growling bark! I could barly see by the moon light just enough to make out the dog was with in 15 feet from me. OH MAN I STARTED SCREAMING AND HAULERING! I managed to squeeze through the gate before he attacked me and ran around the block. when I got into the house I actually broke down from the adreneline and fear, it was terrifying let me tell ya.

once I was able to calm down I got F'N PISSED OFF! I thought I bet that ass hat dude let him off his leash. so I grabbed my trusty Louisville Slugger base ball bat and headed back through the first gate and to the edge of the back house. sure enough the dog saw me and stood up with the hair on his back raised, growled all mean then charged. he was met with a crack righ across the jaw. I swung back and forth cracking him left and right. at first he put up a fight but afted I cracked him a few good times he turned and ran around the back of the house. I chased him and proceeded to beat the living hell out of that savage mean no good f'n dog. he was yalping and whining with each crack of my bat. when I walked away he stayed put right where he was at.

the next morning the guy called the cops on me, thay did not do a thing to me. said I was just protecting myself. he had a vet bill of 275 bucks that he tried to get me to pay. I told him to "F" himself.

if its your yard you do as you see fit, Im with ya all the way.

sorry for the hijack

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had a pitbull attack me way back in the late 70's. There was this dumb ass (why does every pitbull owner seem to allways be the least qualified person to own one), who owned two pitbulls that where brothers. He used to let them run free in the nieghborhood all the time with no leash. These dogs had attacked a couple of people, including one child.

One day I was walking home from school, when this guy came walking down the street with his pitbulls running free. One of them made eye contact with me from across the street, and came running at me. The dog lunged right for my throat. Luckily, I had a set of heavy engineer boots on, and I kicked the dog right in the face in mid-air. The dog did a complete 360 degree turn in mid-air, and landed on his feet. As soon as the dog landed on his feet, he started running in circles, while pushing his face into the grass. The owner saw what had happened, and screamed the dogs name. When the dog lifted his head to look in his owners direction, I could see a whole bank of teeth where hanging from his jaw.

The owner freaked, and started screaming at me that he was going to kick my ass for hurting his dog. This guy was a big fat ass, with a heart condition, and I begged him to please take his best shot, but of course he chikened out. I found out later from a friend of mine that lived only two houses down from this looser, that the dog had to be put down because his jaw had been broken beyond repair, and that the dog would have slowly starved to death, if it where not put down.

12. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If not sleeping, then i'm on guard.:D Those kids had ran in to tell their paretns, they came out, had one look, and took everybody inside. I love dogs and like I said, I hate that I had to hit this one as hard as I did but... hey. I've only been scared of one other dog , well thought it was going to get me anyway. Big ole short legged hound dog. He backed me up eye to eye until I picked up a couple rocks and a good stick. Man, I was scared he was going to get me good. Put a couple whacks on him and he ran right home.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You are the coolest person ever, EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT ..........:doah: :rolleyes:

14. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This is why I have cats

15. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

do you have any idea where they are from?

animal control?... you would win hands down in court against the knucklehead owner BUT why risk it?

I AGREE,, FIX THE FENCE.... why chance an injury or dog fight where you, or your dog, could be mauled or killed.

Pit bulls are pretty much for white trash... most "owners" dont deserve the right to care for one...let alone understand the huge responsibility and liability for having one.

16. cbbr

Dude, just do what I do when there is a hole under a fence, throw 2 bags of quickcrete in there and spray it with the hose. $5, 5 minutes and you are done.

17. cbbr

Doood. Chuck Norris is going to kick your ass when he sees that you have dethroned him.

18. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree 100%. :bow:

19. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Seems that most people that have pits are totally insecure so they think if they get a dog that is supposedly a bad a$$ then people will think they are a bad a$$. ...................morons.

20. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

most responsible dog owners have the intelligence to realize that a pit bull is not a family pet, therefore they don't buy them.:angry1: