Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Got It Today! My First 1st Gen!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, May 17, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Just went and picked it up today. Here is the rundown:
    1970 Chevy Blazer
    383 Stroker
    4 spd
    Edelbrock 650
    MSD Ign.
    4" Susp Lift
    33" Tires
    Dark Green w/ White Hard Top
    1/2 ton (3/4 by end of summer?)
    $3300
    And I Love It! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will have pics very soon. Need to get back to Eugene and my Digital Camera. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me so far, it has been invaluable, and everyone who will most certainly help me in the future.
    Thanks,
    Andrew (soon to be CK5 member) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif now you will have to make our event at sand lake in june /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Congratulations -- sounds like you got a good deal. Have you pulled the top off yet?

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Hrmm... seeing as how it was snowing here today (May 17) in Portland, I decided to give it a day to pull the top. And yes Mudhog, I should be able to make it to Sandlakeapaloosa this summer /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    -Andrew

5. mudhog

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif where was it snowing at?

6. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Snow in May - oh my!

I've been driving around getting a tan in the 90+ degree Texas sun down here. Can you say sun screen?

Can't wait to see pics.

good luck
    Ronnie

7. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been driving around getting a tan in the 90+ degree Texas sun down here

[/ QUOTE ] you can keep it thats to hot for me ill take the snow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

It was snowing up in the West Hills where I live. Sylvan area. I hope the weather clears up a bit for the 100+ Mile drive down to Eugene today. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    -Andrew

9. mudhog

damn i didn't know it was snowing there /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif here in portland we didn't get any this year /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got a good deal on that rig. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Gotta love the NW weather... We had hail, lightning, thunder and funel clouds up here on Friday!

11. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, it also came with a softtop. I took the hard top off yesterday and fumbled around with poles and bolts till I finally got the soft top on. I don't know the manufacturer, but there are 2 thin black poles that support the front bar of the soft top, and they are supposed to connect somewhere by the windshield frame, but I can't seem to figure out where. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I have an Edelbrock 650 4bbl with manual choke (the choke is not working well right now, and I was wondering if it is possible to add an electric choke to replace the manual.
    Thanks Guys,
    Andrew

12. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I thought you might be popping that top soon. I had my '72 delivered out to work -- never drove it out of the warehouse before I took the top off.

I replied to your other post concerning your top and can email you a couple of where does that bar go pics -- but need your email.

13. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

nice score...now paint that thing yellow.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. bouncytruck

If your talking the bars over the doors, there should be a braket screwed onto the windshield with a hole in each one. Mine has a bar that runs from that bracket to the forward bow . This bar has another bar screwed into it that runs down to the top of the door pilar.

If your top is an old Kayline, there should be a small tag in the seam above the rear window.

15. bouncytruck

Did you ever get the top working? I just found this PDF on Specialty Top's web site. It is the instructions for installing a top on a first gen K5 instructions PDF /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

16. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics Ronnie, they are very helpful (as well as the website Chris). I now see that I am missing the support bar that drops down behind the side windows, and also the windshield bracket. I will go check my truck again to see if they are under the rear seat. I have just been going topless for the last week, but it is supposed to rain this Sunday so I'd like to figure something out before then.
    Thanks Again,
    Andrew

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Dude, we need some pictures! That thing sounds PIMP!!lol

18. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I took some pics with my friends digital camera, so I should be able to get them up soon.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif