Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got my 72, A few questions?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mikeperez22, Jun 15, 2004.

1. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

1. Are the front leaf springs typically so flat that they curve up instead of down or are mine just that worn out?

2. Anybody know how to remove do-it-yourself bedliner? The previous owner did an awful job.

3. The spring behind the front seat, I found out is to hold the jack/tire iron. Anyone have a picture to show how it all mounts together. I am missing the jack and tire iron. I plan on replacing them soon.

4. I have two rust spots on the floorboard. There is one small one under the passenger seat area and one hole near the drivers kick panel. I'm trying to decide if I should cut the holes and patch, or replace the floor pans. Are the original floor pans in two pieces or is it two pieces welded together? What would ya'll recommend?

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Well only question I can answer is #1. My springs were the same way and rode like a rock so I would say very worn out. I have heard that stock they did not have much arch to them but upward arch is just bad in my opinion.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

1. On the '73+'s I know that the front springs, stock, have negative arch, and that's normal. I would guess that it's the same for you first-genners.

2. DIY bedliner removal: I suspect you're in for some fun. I'm thinking a wirebrush wheel to get rid of the stuff that didn't bond originally, and then maybe one of the xylene cleaner/paint thinner chemicals? Either that or the gnarly jelly paint removers.

-- A

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    2. Anybody know how to remove do-it-yourself bedliner? The previous owner did an awful job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe get someone to sand blast it.

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, the current owner of my 72 did a terrible job too and I want to get it out... I think blasting would be about the best way.