Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got my first linear.

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Gold Rush, May 29, 2002.

1. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I just received my first linear today. It's a KL 40. It puts out 25 watts and is just enough to give a little boost without killing everybody else's radio's in close quarters. It should be just as strong as my Cobra 148 GTL. I'll try it out in the next few days.

David

2. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

How much did it $$$ and where?

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Got it at www.hyelectronics.com for 24.95. They charged me $13 in shipping though. I was pissed cause this thing weighs about 4 oz. and is 4"X2.5"X1", I asked the lady on the phone how it could cost so much for UPS ground. She didn't know why it cost so much.

David

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've delt with H&Y befor. Good company. I remember they first started out, very paranoid, had to fill out a form, one question was if you had any affiladation with the FCC. Pretty funny at the time.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to run a Texas Star 350. I like the extra power, it's nice to have when you're out in the middly of nowhere.