Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just got my first ticket!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lamberthkp, Jun 28, 2006.

1. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

well a city cop at Richlands NC pulls me over about 200 yards inside of the 55mph marker and gives me a ticket for 60 in a 45 aint that some $hit reckin he was trying to meet quata. the cost of it is $140 to just pay it but think i might go to court insted.
    what do yall think ? think going to court will help get it dropped called my dad he's a trooper in TN but he was'nt sure how the laws were on that stuff up here. well just thought i would b**** a little this morning :D

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

200 yards inside a 55 marker? So what? If you actually were speeding in the 45 (which it sounds like you were) you cover a lot more than that in just a few seconds.

Go to court if you want to reduce the fine, but don't expect the judge to simply throw out the whole ticket.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

In Onslow County, I would just go ahead and pay the ticket. Court Costs is 120 alone and then you have the fine. They don't really give any breaks in the court room here. Now if it was Carteret (sp?)County, then I would take it to court and get it reduced to improper equipment, pay the 50 dollar fine and be done with it. Just my 02 cents though.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Get a traffic ticket lawyer, The most I have had to pay the lwayer was $100 and every ticket so far has been dismised

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, maybe you ought to take it to court and use the quota claim. Very solid argument there.

Too bad he didn't also write you for bad grammar, crappy spelling and under utilization of the shift key while he was at it.....................................

:surepal: :surepal: :surepal:

6. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

ya not too good at spell n :D but i pull out of my road and go into the 55mph zone i dont even have enough time to get to 60 with my truck run n like crap. were i pull out of my road its only about 30 yards till it turns 55. i dont know, just really chaps my a$$ but my dads a trooper im sure he has had to do it to someone to get his # of tickets for the month. Oh well!

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Are you sure you are even old enough to possess a driver's license? I'm thinking a hot run to the aspirin factory before I read anymore of your posts.

Don't try and say anything further about quotas unless you have factual evidence to support your claims. Using the "my dad is a trooper" argument doesn't fly, in fact, it would have beaten the Titanic in the race to the bottom that fateful evening.

Here is a little advice. The only time you should be seeing the inside of a courtroom in the near future is when you hire a lawyer and he argues your case against your school system..................................

8. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

they're not called quotas sir, they're called GOALS! :rolleyes:

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Prayer for Judgement.

Basically "clears" the ticket, but if you get another one in three years, they fine you for both tickets.

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Whoa, are you channeling some of that Rowdy Roddy Piper anger there Bubba?:D

Here's a little friendly advice lamberthkp:

If you're gonna bitch about LEO's, and especially pull out the lame old "quota" excuse, you probably shouldn't do it on a site relatively "chock full 'o cops".

If your dad is a trooper, you should know better. Ask him how he feels when he pulls someone over and they throw that BS in his face.

And finally, it sounds from your own description that you were indeed breaking the law, so why the gripe?

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Richlands, eh? :doah:
    Like 79Stomper said, don't bother fighting it in any courtroom in Onslow County. Too many dumbass jarheads have pulled too many dumbass stunts over the years to get any sympathy from the judges. Pay the fine, take one for the team, and carry on more carefully.
    This has been a presentation of "The Voice of Experience" productions...

12. armyfiredawg

armyfiredawg Registered Member

I allways go to court when I get a traffic ticket. I don't know what the laws are there in NC but in California, if the officer that issued the ticket doesn't show up in court, it is automaticly dismissed. My brother has had that happen 3 times were the cop couldn't show up for one reason or another. I however was never that luckly, but you never know. :D

13. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

OK:eek1: .....well if I ever get a ticket I'm sure as hell not going to bitch about it on here. I get the distinct impression that some people here think that cops are infallible. I mean I can understand sticking together and everything, its not just a job, its a brotherhood but Damn! Immediatly jumping into a guys ass about how dumb he is when he's asking for advice is ****ed up. Ok maybe you dont like the fact that he types the way 90% of the people on the internet do but chill out and give the kid some advice. I know this is a long shot here, but maybe, just maybe the cop was wrong.

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Since it seemed you were replying to me:

1: I think I was very polite.

2: I do not think the popo is infallible, but if you are already admitting you were in the wrong..................

3: Just because everyone else on the interweb types like a friggin' moron isn't an excuse for him to do it.

4: No one jumped his ass for asking for advice, they did it for the stupid "quota" remark. I think you will find that anyone in the law enforcement community would similarly get their ass in a twist when that canard is tossed around, ESPECIALLY if the guy using it has a trooper in the family.

5: He already admitted the cop was not wrong, just tightly but correctly enforcing the law.

6: He got assloads of advice here, most of it consisted of: be responsible for your own actions, type better, and don't use the BS quota excuse.

And I'll end all of this by saying: No, I am not nor have I ever been in law enforcement, but I do know to think before I speak, especially to a guy with a badge, a gun, and a really big stick.

15. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Try for traffic school.. it might help you learn some of the laws, become better informed as to traffic safety, and perhaps maybe even understand why traffic laws are a good thing...
    and then your insurance may not increase....

As Bubba said with such eloquent beautiful dripping sarcasm... and the rest of the people here who are coppers will echo... going in and telling the judge you are innocent because the policeman has a quota... well lets just say.. make sure you take your cash with you..
    and oh yes,,, "my daddy is a trooper" has zero bearing on anything... if pertinent at all you should be more aware of a policeman's job.. we hear that and we have nothing but antipathy for the speaker

cam

16. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

ya thats pretty nice lol. here in tx, at least at my department, officers receive overtime for court appearances. needless to say, they show up.

17. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

Nope that was directed toward Bubba, I thought you were polite and offered advice. But I just looked back and I didnt see anything where this guy admited being in the wrong, maybe I missed it.

Now I'm not saying that I condone typing like an idiot, I dont like it either, but if you and him where to type the same amount of posts, saying basicly the same thing, him typing his paragraphs (we'll call them that for arguments sake) and you typing your paragraphs, you would get carpel tunnel before him. :D

18. armyfiredawg

armyfiredawg Registered Member

Same thing here. But sometimes you get lucky like my bro. Not me though, so then i decided to curb my speeding so it wouldn't be a issue. And now that i started to do some mods to my truck , i can't hardly go fast enough to stay at the posted speed limit! :doah:

19. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My $.02 worth. Pay a local lawyer to get it dropped or whatever they do. The points on your license is the expensive part!!! And don't break the law no more! :deal:

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

welcome to higher insurance premiums.:waytogo: :bow: :haha: :haha: just kiddin.:wink1: i know i used to fight every ticket i got. 50/50 chance.what will you loose to go to court? a days pay, and still lose?if you can swing it its worth it.:D i qyit alooong time ago,but sometimes its fun to drag race my friend home from work.IF we catch the light.i can take him till 50mph,when i shift he walks from me.:laugh: