Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got out of the dang Hospital...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Jimmy, Aug 25, 2002.

1. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Spent the whole dang week in school in Dallas... got home Fri at 1pm lookin' forward to having an early start on the weekend, when the Boss called and told me I had to go take care of an OC3 circuit out at Raytheon...So I head ot work, fix it, and get home at 8:15pm (so much for the early start on the weekend)...I'm sittin' at the kitchen table talkin' to the wife and sippin' a small margarita, when alla sudden I start feelin' kinda dizzy...next thing I know, the wife is smackin' my face, and talkin' to the 911 operator...I'm sweatin' like a lawn sprinkler and not thinkin' too clearly...so the paramedics get there and load me up...still sweatin' and sorta dizzy...get to the Emer room feelin' a little better...they ran all sorts of tests (cat scan, MRI, etc) and discover I have an irregular heartbeat (called pvc) every other beat...So, they kept me all weekend, gave me some medicine, I gotta make some appointments for Echo Stress test, etc...I had a dang heart attack about 5 yrs ago, and cleaned up my act after the angioplasty (balloon thing in my heart)...Now This...anyways, it scared the BeeJesus out of the wife (been married 6 months), and I gotta deal with another adjustment...I'm very thankful she was there when it happened, and I'm sorry it scared her (scared me too)...Anyways, I think I'm too young for all this (53), but I know it happened because I didn't take all that good care of myself when I was 25-30 yrs old...that's back when I thought I would live forever, and had plenty of time to get back in shape...I got lucky they caught this in time and can treat it...Just a heads up for some of y'all...take care while ya can...JD

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

glad your ok /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good to hear your still here to post things. I myself abuced my body with cemmicals till just a year ago. I've came close to heart attacks doing Meth. I can only imagin what'll happen in the future. I'm sure I've shorten my life span consitterably. Oh'well, if we only knew then, what we know now.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Oh man! Take care o' yo self JD! Glad to hear you're feeling better though!

Joleen says that your 'ping' might go away with 93 octane /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Man, glad you're ok. I was 12 when they found I had arrythmia. Sort of like an irregular heartbeat. I had to have all the tests and the doctor told me to have a happy life. Kinda scary sometimes when my heart stops and skips a beat 2 or 3 times in a row! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Dnag, glad your still around to tell about it. Hope it doesn't happen again

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you're OK !! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I know EXACTLY what that irrigular heartbeat feels like. My Thyroid went south a
    few years ago and the main symptom was the irregular beat - that and 160 beats
    per minute! Now THAT was real fun !!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif (for those who don't know, normal heart
    rate is 70 to 75 beats per minute). ZOOM ZOOM !! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

glad to hear your ok man! yea..few years ago my mom started having a heart murmer type thing..her heart would stop, and skip beats ect..scared the pants of us..she had to wear a moniter for a while and all..but shes fine now..been fine ever since..but that sort of thing can just pop up on you..and her family has a bad history of heart conidtions..cant wait to see what im in for..thats why now..(at 16) im making sure i try to take the right steps..and i made a promise to myself that i will never drink, or smoke...ever..or at least try my very best..and that probobly sounds a little extreme to some..but my family has had its ups and downs with alchohal, and smoking, and i myself dont want any part of it! good luck man!

Bryan

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, glad you're here posting!