Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got pulled over at lunch by a cool cop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Jun 30, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I was going home at lunch today and it started to rain (had the sides rolled up on the new soft top), I was only a few miles from the house, so I was speeding a little because I didn't want to pull over to close the sides, when a motorcycle cop pulled me over, said I was doing 58 in a 45. As I was getting the paperwork, he was asking me all sorts of questions about lift, bumpers etc. and how he liked it. I told him I was trying to get home before it started raining to hard, he said he could understand that. He said that even though I had my seat belt on he would just give me a no seat belt ticket, (15 bucks, no points or anything) that way it would be like a warning and he could show that he was doing his job. (win-win situation) I will take 15 bucks over a speeding ticket any day, it pays to drive a Blazer [​IMG], any way I thought that was cool of him not to slap the speeding ticket on me.

Steve

2. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

15 BUCKS! In NY you get "points" on your license. 12 points and your walking.....
    I got pulled over in my GTO once speeding. So the cop gets to the window and I'm shacking because I have warrants and .....well lets just say .....I wouldn't have been sleeping home that night.......so.....the cop just starts saying "hey man where can I get NOS quarter panels for my 69 Chevelle"......I'm like what!!! He says, "ya, I saw your car and figured you would know a place"...I'm still like what!!!! I tell him where to get them and he says, slow it down a little.......no ticket, no big house, just the shakes....... AWWWW YAAAAA light 'em up.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Man, I wish the state troopers were like that around here. The only alternative to a ticket here is to get your a$$ clubbed.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Man you're lucky! The last time I got pulled over by Douglas County (same area as you) I got a 28 point ticket. Speed Exhibition and Reckless all in one ticket! I was in my GMC Typhoon whipping some ass on a coffee can equipped rice burner. I know I shouldn't be doing that on the street but I can't stand those loud obnoxious 10,000rpm wanna-be racers with huge stripes and Honda graphics all over. Fortunately, my lawyer got me off with a 4 point speeding along with road rage classes. It did get me thinking that it's just not worth it to break the law. Now I take it to the track and still whoop some ass on the Rice boys.

Shawn
    87 K5
    99 Grand Prix GTP 14.899 @ 91.57 MPH @5800ft
    (sold the 11 second Typhoon) [​IMG]

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

take it as a warning for this weekend! have a blast, but stay safe and sane.
    gawd, i wish i lived in colorado!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I like the cops around here I was comeing home after playing in the mud all afternoon and a cop pulled me over and scared the sh!t out of me and when he came to my window he ask me what I had been doing and I told him I had went muding then he ask me where and I told him then he told me he had a new Z71 he has dieing to try out. He pulled me over just to find some mud and he told me to slow down and wash my windows cool hu

[​IMG]Go prepared

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

What are these points? I think it's 3 tickets in a half year period here. But you can take drivers ed, deferred, ect to cancel out one or two. And your 15 bucks is good, I just got a seatbelt ticket and it was $80.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

8. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Your cops are cool...the ones around here don't cut any slack...my mom got a ticket for 1mph over the limit...yes 1mph. She got it dropped, but why would it be worth a phone call and some gripping for 1mph. Just my 2 cents

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=blue>Burnett</font color=blue>
    cameronburnett@hotmail.com

9. buttman

buttman Registered Member

I got pulled over in my Blazer going 50 in a 40. The bike cop tried to say I was going 55mph, I was'nt but it was his word against mine. After traffic school and everything it costed me 140 bucks here in Cali. I was bumbed, but I thought of all the thing I had gotten away with lately. I guess my time was up, Buttman

10. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

The exact same thing happened to me right after I got my Jimmy. I was working at the race shop really late and on my way home I was so tired that I wasn't paying attention to my speed. I went by a cop doing 58 in a 40. When I saw his headlights turn on in the bushes I woke up really quick. I just pulled over and waited for him. He saw that I was a student and payed my own insurance (and that I was scared SH!Tless) so he gave me a seatbelt ticket since it doesn't hit my license or insurance. It was supposed to be a $50 fine + $30 surcharge but when it came in the mail all I had to pay was the surcharge.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

11. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Just how the hell do you get pulled over by a bike cop. Sumbitch must sure can pedal.HeHe! Can't say that I've ever seen a bike cop, except for on the USA network. Hot girls, stupid show.-Russell

12. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I see a few bike cops around here but they are always in cars with the bikes on the back of the car.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

13. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

That defiantly isn't Phoenix. I had an off-duty Phoenix Police lieutenant chase me to a friend house where I was picking up my kids and pulled me out at gun point infront of my children on my buddies land. He said I cut off a car and was waving a gun. Once the police got there and the Helicopter they searched my blazer and found nothing even resembling a gun. They arrested me for weaving in and out of traffic. So far it has cost me 5 hours of jail time and $2000.00 in Lawyers fees and 2 tickets.( Speeding & Passing on right side.) All of this because a rice burner slammed on his brakes in front of me and I tried to avoid running his ass over. All most forgot the off-duty officer changed his story that he didn't see a gun but that I reached for my back.

14. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

Everyone who comming out for the weekend of fun should take it easy on speeding because starting Friday Colorado is cracking down on speeding and looking hard for DUI's. They will also be setting up DUI check points and stopping every 3rd or 10th car and checking insurace. One in three auto deaths in Colorado has alcohol involved. Have a great time in Colorado and enjoy the trails.

Getsome

15. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

did you know he was chasing you? did you even know that he was a cop? thats a bunch of crap! Tax payer dollars go to chasing people in helicoptors that go to pick there kids up. Can you go into a lawsuit against the guy who stopped you?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

16. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Didn't know he was chasing me. Deffinetly had no Idea who he was he had a kid in the front seat. And I do have a lawyer

17. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

What can you say? Colorado is just the best place! Even the cops act like old friends to you.

18. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

in 93, i got pulled over on the highway between tucson and phoenix, got clocked doing 125 in my chevelle! the cop almost pulled me out of the car. after a lengthy explanation that i just got the 396 rebuilt with some parts (i had the reciepts to prove it), and that the road was empty and i just wanted to test it out, he kind of toned down. he asked if he could take a ride (it turned he had a 69 chevelle in 1969 fresh out of a dealership, and took his wife out in it on their first date). so he pulled over the cop car jumped in to the passenger seat and we went for a fast quick little ride. when we got back to his car he just told to never to do it again, i thanked him and he thanked me for the drive down memory lane!!
    i guess some cops are cool and some arent, just like everything else.

Knife.

19. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>the weekend after i put the new motor in, i went up to the trails that i was trying to go to when the old motor bit the dust. we were driving around and we stopped at a fork to see which way to go and a quad came up....... NJ State Park Police... all i was thinking was "oh sh!t what does he want?". he said "well guys, they just passed a law so now you can't drive back here". he starts looking at my truck and asking me stuff about it. I told him about the motor and how it was only in a week and i'm already in the mud and he liked my truck so he let us go!!</font color=blue>

20. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys if want to see some bike cops come to Hollywood CA on a Friday or Saturday night and go cruisin on Sunset Blvd you'll see a bunch of them giving out tickets for either loud music or no seat belts even for jay walking so that's not so cool.

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com