Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just got sponsored

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, May 12, 2006.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I just have to share my excitement...

I just got back from my lunch meeting with the marketing director for a local 4WD shop and our club (4 wheeling club at CU) is now officially sponsored :D Aside from the fact that I was a bit nervous about having a lunch meeting (i'm the pres. of the club) it went well.

It went SO well in fact that he said he wants me to write a "wish list" tonight of what I would want them to do for us as a sponsor and email it to him...:thinking: :woot:

He had already said that banners / t-shirts / flyers / stickers / buttons etc. would be no prob, so this list is above all that :eek1:

2. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Congratulations!!!! :waytogo:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's awesome. Just make sure they get their $$ worth.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you lucky dog.:waytogo: :D

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

This has been a good month for you, congrats!

PS: your front axle is hot. :D

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

That's cool.. just be sure to buy stuff and send business his way.

Our Camaro club ( except for a small minority, including me) doesn't support its sponsors worth a crap, and members wonder why they don't cough up free stuff and discounts, and eventually quit dealing with us.

sponsorships are a double edged sword.. on one hand, a shop needs to get its name out there, on the other, they can go broke from givng stuff away to everyone.

Tom

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Congrats..............................:D

So true, so true. I've looked into this hard because I would like to get my name out there with what I'm doing, but right now I'm not in the position to give out much.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

do you have access to land for 4x4 events? mud bogs, obstacle courses, and the like? anybody with monster trucks locally (we've got 4 or 5 old leaf sprung trucks around here) ? organize some events, and use their "freebies" as prizes. make sure to plaster their logo all over EVERYTHING! i'd even look into vinyl decals (like the CK5 decals, ORD decals, etc), and have members put them on their rigs. we've got a club locally that does most of their events without much noticable sponsorship, would be alot cooler if they had big sponsors.

another of our local clubs runs an On/Off-road rally/poker run. i went on it a few years back, and it was a blast! started out at a restaurant weaved through 5 counties and 2 states (we're right on the Michigan border), and was over 100 miles. several other clubs offered up their club land, and some club members had obstacles set up at their homes, had short trail rides, a mud pit, a frame twister set up with telephone poles, and a couple other obstacles. ended up at a VFW post. door prizes, and poker run prizes were sponsored by local companies, all the proceeds ($15 reg for driver and navigator, $5 for each additional "navigator") went to charity. took us about 5 hours to complete, and not a second of it was boring.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

wow, thats cool.:laugh: great idea.:thinking: