Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just how stupid can a car salesman be??? find out here!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Jul 6, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

John and I are searching for a suburban,,,going on 3 weeks now, and have found quite a few that are what I almost want. on Thursday I found the 1 I WANT! from the outside it had everything I wanted, NO BARN DOORS, Hunter green, running boards, roof rack etc.. Being the 4th nobody was at the dealership- so I sneak a peek inside it, and find...hmmm weird, no 3rd seat. It has the hooks for it. carpets a lot lighter where it WAS,,but its not there. WEIRD! I do know that you could order them without the 3rd seat, BUT they came without the hooks for it. so, this thing is missing a seat.

Friday- call the said dealership- get a salesman (or should I just say idiot)....ask him about the truck, price, was it an auction car, or local etc..he gives me the info, and I say

Do you know where the 3rd seat it????

his reply- Suburban's didn't come with a 3rd seat until the 2000 model, that was the Tahoe that had 3 rows of seating. I almost spit my coffee out. and say

I think you have it backwards, the suburban is the 3rd row, the tahoe didn't start until 2000... His reply

We'll ma'am your wrong, maybe you should do more research so you know what it is your looking for.

I politely say- thanks I'm no longer intersested. his reply

remember the suburban's NEVER had a 3rd seat till 2000...I hang up the phone, call back and ask for the GM. (this was a dodge dealership so maybe the guy really didn't know)

GM gets on the phone, I explain to him that I am VERY interested in the suburban on the lot, however am very concerned as to where the 3rd seat is, a suburban without a 3rd seat is like buying a corvette without 6 speeds- you know, kind of defeats the purpose of the purchase.

GM tells me- "the salesman you spoke with has been with us for 6 years, I think he told you the correct information"...so at this time I am pissed- after 34 trucks, this is the only one that had everything I wanted. PISSED is an understatement, just tell me where the damn 3rd seat is, if its' not at your dealership fine, I'll buy a new seat,.....of course the price will reflect it...but still, man pissed me off. I explain to the GM that I have owned a suburban- and it had 3 rows of seating, and itwas a 94. Tahoe's and Yukon's are the trucks that got the 3rd row option in 2000 NOT the suburban, silence on the phone. hello...hello... the GM says "by golly ma'am I believe your correct, I'm sorry we were wrong."

proceed to say- so how much lower is the price now that you KNOW it's missing a seat- which by the way are EXPENSIVE...his reply- Well, we bought it this way- so we will sell it this way- same price.

hung up the phone LIVID...and have to start the damn search all over again!

STUPID PEOPLE! Had they just said in the begining- Your right it's missing a seat, however we can get one blah blah blah, I would have bought the damn thing. UUGGHHH!!

sorry had to rant!
    Brandy

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You have no idea how many times I've had saleman tell me that IFS is tougher and more capable off-road /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Salesman are the lowest form of life IMHO...

Rene

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm speechless... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

When I think of a used car salesman, I immediately think of a man wearing a plaid 2 piece suit, slightly overweight, and very scruffy looking. This man would look like Ron Jeremy! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if it is still there in a few days call them and tell them if it comes with the 3rd seat for the same price then you will buy it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

oh and wes with (Posts: 7493) that will be a first /forums/images/icons/wink.gif lmao /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

When I was with my mom shopping for her new car a sales guy was trying to convince her that the Honda Camry's were the best on the road... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

You people are lucky you don't have to work around these people. I swear that some of these car salespersons at my dad's dealership are complete idiots, but then again we do have a few good ones. Just depends on which person you get when you walk or call in.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Reminds me of when I bought my 96 C-1500 reguler cab short bed V6. The salesman tried to tell me it would haul or tow anything just because it was a fullsize. I was all like look here dickweed it's a friggin 1/2 ton with a V6 I'm buying it for the milage DUUUUU /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Wow - the moron I've been working with must have moved east!! I was recently informed that the new Duramax was far superior to every other diesel on the road because of it being designed and manufactured by Caterpillar /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif - I also found out that a 2002 model has exponentially greater towing capacity than an identical 2001 model. Commision??? Couldn't be....

10. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

How do you know when a car salesmane is lying?

There Mouth is moving!

11. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

We stopped at a Toyota dealership yesterday- they had a Tahoe- not what I wanted, but it's worth looking at anyway....talk about a salesman. It was WAY over on the back side of their lot...I thought for sure I'd never see the salesmen- 2 minutes later, he's behind us...as John and I are picking this truck apart. Barn door's. Hate barn doors, 2 row's of seats, not good etc... salesman says. "wow sounds like you know what your looking for"..I reply, well we REALLY want a suburban, for the 3rd row, but this is a VERY pretty tahoe- it was a bronze/maroon color- very sharp. He says "we took it in on trade 2 weeks ago, It hasn't been through the shop yet- no detailing etc.. (which was obvous)...but then he says- here's my card, I'll leave you two alone- I'll be down about 15 cars, if you want to drive it let me know, I'm here on Monday from 8-7 if you need anything..have a good day... I was shocked- the guy didn't try to tell me how much better 2 seats are than 3 LOL!

we're off today to 7 more dealerships- none are open which is good, I can nitpick alone! Hopefully by the end of the week we will have found one! UUGGHHHH

Brandy

12. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

good luck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i was looking at an 85 swb 1/2 ton once. obviously we all know they come stcok with 10 bolts front / rear. i immediately notcied the rear was a 12 bolt. so, using common sense i checked to see if the 4x4 worked. locked it in, drove about 6 inches, then slammed my haed on the windshield almost. the gears didnt match, as i had suspected. the salesman still explains that its normal, and the 4x4 does work...since the truck had been originally built by a "reputable" (in his words) 4x4 man in the town. i went in to talk to the gm. ...same story as the saleman. i told him that i guess the previous owner had shelled out the rear 10 bolt and just threw the 12 bolt in to drive around and eventually trade in. none of my logic made sense to him, as he rapeatedly assured my the 4x4 worked correctly since the truck was previously owned by the local 4x4 guru...and i was only a 20 year old kid, what would i know about 4x4s? yeesh...

14. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I hate salesmen. I take Nick with me all the time now. Salemen see me and it just gets disqusting. Oooo lookie! A blonde! I can screw her over really easily cause she won't know anything!! And maybe, I can get her phone number too! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    I test drove an '85 chevy when I was looking for my first truck. It had the 700 in it. It only had 3 gears. But the salesman said it was perfectly fine and wouldn't go into overdrive until it hit 65mph. And "they all sputter a little when you turn them off". What the heck ever....
    I hate salemen. Luckily, I've got two people I know who are salemen. My brother is a salesman at a ford place, and his best freind is a salesman at a chevy place so I can tell them to go away if they start annoying me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

You aren't buying the truck of your dreams becuase of a missing seat?? You konw how many junk yards must have the 3rd row seat!? I can totally understand your anger for the stuipd salesman and I've been there done that, but to pass up "THE TRUCK" for a missing seat is a little steep. You should look into finding a junkyard seat that matches or hell, someone on here probably has a seat for next to nothing, I'd do some research on the seat before you give up hope on the truck.
    Ben 87 JImmy

16. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I'm basically not buying the truck because YES it's missing it's seat. I for one would not put a junk yard seat in the truck- for 1 what are my chances of finding the color, pattern etc.. to fit- I've got 3 years that these trucks were built with this color option, which isn't that much considering it's the 3rd seat, which means that it HAS to come out of a suburban, can't be a tahoe's seat etc...

and the other reason is that the salesmen etc... were just plain a**holes! if they called me today and said that they had the seat- forget it, they don't deserve my $$ to think that I was some idiot woman, that they could screw over, **** them! I'd rather "settle" for the 2nd truck of my deams, than give them my money! PRICKS!

Brandy

17. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

OK Brandy - tell us how you REALLY feel - don't hold back now - let loose!

18. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

sorry- let me say it for you guys

"Wow, that chick must have PMS or something!!"" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

how was that? pretty close huh? J/K!
    Brandy

19. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Grrrrr, what an ass. I feel your pain!

I went into a 4x4 store once and asked the man to give me some prices on a lift. All I said was
    "Yeah, I need you to give me a price on your cheapest 4 inch lift for a 96 silverado ex cab.
    He proceeded to tell me
    "Well what you have to do is go to the Grocery store, get some magazines with trucks on the front and read about them, then when you know what they are and what you want come back and ill give you a price."
    I said "Um, Ive already done that for years now, I know what I want, I own a truck, I know what they are now I need some prices"
    He says
    "Well not to be rude but Im not going to price all of them that would take all day" SO Im thinking this guy has like 15 lifts. I say "Oh really how many do you carry" He said 4 /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

The guy was being an ass. He then tried to tell me I needed to put new rims on my truck with the lift wich in his words would cost me 2,000. Then priced me 3000 dollars for a four inch lift and then he tried to tell me I needed a new rear end.

All for a 4inch lift, The whole time he is talking to me in baby talk.

Man was I pissed. I told him I would go to les shwab who priced me 2200 for the lift, install, balancing, alighnment, and exhaust adjustment.

That maybe he should go to the grocery store and read some magazines. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

20. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I sent my wife into 6 states for d60 axle joints and the parts counter guy lectured her why it is bad to modify the Suburban from origional equipment, with lifts and axle swaps, and bigger tires. She went istead to the service guy and he was a great help.