Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just installed 1/4" injector pod spacer and presure guage. got a couple questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Jun 24, 2005.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I just got it done. The guage reads about 11 psi but it sure seams like there is ALOT of fuel coming from the injecters i can se the cone spray from each one. Is this normal? is it only because i can actually see the spray cause theyre up higher? Also when i rev it up a little it takes longer to come down to idle again is this normal?

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

ttt this is kinda urgent... no ideas?

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

You can see if it ur lookin for it. I knwo i can on mine atleast and my motor runs pretty much the way it should.

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

hmmm ok i still wander about why it takes so long to go back to idle ifter i blip the throttle?

5. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

well i just took it around the block and it seams to run fine. potentially an extra pony or two but its cool cause i only paid 10 bucks for it. any who i guess its fine just seein those injecters sprayin was not good looking.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you can always see the fuel spray on TBI. If you couldn't when it was stock there was something wrong. Or you weren't looking hard enough.

Grab a spray bottle(like windex) and pull the trigger. It looks like a lot of spray but look at the bottle, you can't even see the difference, same with your fuel injection.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

seems to be working good then, the spray seems to be alot because it has been idionized (sp) meaning it has been put into a lot of really small droplets, like sled said, looks like a lot but not a lot.

crappy injectors drip and give a week spry almost a stream of fuel.

the moter takes longer to slow down because it is now going faster quicker, and at proper (or better) power

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

11PSI is kind of low. I run mine at 14 PSI for best all around performance/gas milage with headers and some mild performance mods.
    Check for vaccum leaks and make sure you connected all the vac lines back up right if your engine does not want to return to idle speed.

9. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Thanks for the replies. I tihkn im going to get the injecters rebuilt/ flowmatched. and get the adjustable FPR Now just to make sure as you turn the screw on the regulater you will see the diffrence in the guage right? Im just getting this stuff ahead of time to kinda give it a little more pep before i do my engine rebuild/mods then this stuff will come in real handy. And yeah im kinda thinkin TB base gasket is no good.