Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just installed a 6pack chip from JET

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Feb 12, 2002.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

anybody else run one of these?
    they recommend minimum 92 octane gas for the stage 4 , and even with the 87 octane
    i could tell a real difference at low rpm torque
    took about 10 minutes to do (with the exception of the 10 minutes i spent trying to
    reinstall the box upside down) was real suprised at how much more responsive the TBI
    appeared at low RPM
    guess i will still just run in the economy mode most of the time, but it is nice to know
    you can push a little button and gain some power
    also one neat advantage to this chip is it has a box that i mounted in the glove box and allows you lockthe truck in off position, thereby preventing power going to the brain.
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

2. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

What are some of the claims they make with it ? Im no longer running a loc up converter, so if it controll shift points that wont work in my case..... also.... how much dinero ?

1990 K5 4" lift, 33" MTR's, 14FF w/ Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides !

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

where did you get it and how much just out of curoisity

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

ordered it from 4wpw, about 6 months ago, and cant remember right off, but i think it
    was about 250 maybe. do not remember that much now about the claims, but i think
    they (jet) have a website. sure wish i had a real way of determining wether it makes
    a performance diff or not. you you want it to improve, so you convince yourself it helps
    otherwise spend the money on new seats, door panels, carpet, winch................
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's