Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just installed brace...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77K5Blazer, Jun 24, 2001.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Finally got around to installing my Steering box brace, fairly easy! Just kind of time consuming, for me anyways! Had to go to Napa and get a torque wrench, then had to go back again when I realized that I didn't have any Loc-tite!! Well...it is done, time for a road test to see if I notice any difference, other than the extra security that I feel right now! Next up... Lift, tires and rims!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs</font color=red>
    "Awh....Prarie $hit!!" -Blazing Saddles

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey sounds like your install went better then mine... LOL

man you got all the fun stuff coming up!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's a dirty job,but it's almost manditory

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have a 88 and was lookin under there where it gets mounted...how much stuff do you have to move...it looks like the portioning valve (spelling) needs to be moved...where did you move it to?

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

5. KENT

KENT 1/2 ton status

I did have to move the porp valve on my 89. The brace extends all the way to the center of the cross member and uses an existing bolt hole. I did have to slightly bend the breather hard line for the front diff. It was using the same hole that the brace uses. Other than that it was fairly easy.

Kent

1989 K5

6. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I think Kent ment to say DIDN'T ..... I just did mine this weekend too, and nothing to relocate, slightly move a couple of brake lines about a 1/2 inch and thats it.

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!! YIPPPIEE !!

7. KENT

KENT 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't type response when Im tired. Didn't was correct thanks.

Kent

1989 K5

8. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Wish I had good info to add, but my frame is already cracked. So I have to get the crack fixed, then weld on the plates, then I too can join the steering box brace club. Hopefully this weekend.
    I have heard that the supplied bolts can be too short with the weld on kit installed. Has anybody done bolt and had the bolt be long enough? No big deal. Was just wondering.

Steve Fox for President, 2004.
    Jimi Hendrix was re-incarnated in 1990 as my....JIMI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>