Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just installed rock rod... and stabilizer ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Apr 18, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Hey, I had WAY too much play in the front end, and it appeared as if the tie rod ends where bad...

Well, if I had to go through the work of changing the ends might as well change the tie rod to a rock rod right (whether I need it or not lol [​IMG])...

I was raised on a ranch so I am used to working with my hands, but it has been a LONG time since I've had time to. Working with your hands is something you loose over time!

Well the new rock rod went on really easy, and (if you can believe it) my mechanic lent me his pickle fork to help with the project.

Well this completel corrected the problem, and I was really proud of my self (kudos)... [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Question</font color=blue>: my steering stabilizer is bad... Should I go with a single or double... I do a lot of driving on old mountain roads and hill climbing. I am considering going with a pro comp, does anybody recommend another brand? Is so why (thinking Trail Master SSV also).

Thanks,

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

i run dual stablizer on my truck and like the malot not sure on the brad of them but hint on them is to get ones that run side to side like ------- ------- (jsut sayint the stablerlizers where the -------) instead of like ==== becouse if there ont top of each oter you leave the bottom one wide open for hting stuff if you dont belice me i have pics of my buddys who nailed it on a rock

AJ
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)

3. solowookie

now, after seeing what you do with that thing how could I EVER doubt a recommendation like that from you? lol [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

One should be more than enough if your front end is in good shape. Multiple stabilizers are generally used as a crutch for front ends that have problems that the owner doesn't want to fix. Some people seem to think they look "cool" too but, whatever...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. solowookie

thanks for the info... You got any recommendations on brand, or is there that much difference?

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I don't think there is much difference. I would probably just grab any decent name brand and look for something on sale. I would say just ditch it if you’re front end is in good shape but it does help a bit with kickback on the trail.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

7. solowookie

no problem... thanks for the info. I've been looking at a couple of sites, and I think I'm going to go ahead and try the trail master ssv... it's only $15.00 more...

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

hah i try my hardest i was going to draw a picture but deicde not i twas easyer to use lines =-)

AJ

9. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

jsut talk to a buddy (yes i have friend other then here) he is the oen the screw his stablzer up and hes running with out one know nd says he cant tell so im swiht the other guy (cant rember his name sorry) jsut but one cheap one i theink that waht mine are. are the trail buster svv (or waht you said)(im tired im going to bed) [​IMG]

AJ

10. solowookie

lol...

well your diagram got the point across real well, and yea, you seem really tired... lol [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I have a procomp single and I like it a lot.....

[​IMG]