Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just joined a gym

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 26, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Signed up for one month today. Trying it see if I am gonna be able to do it, I need to get some physical activity and want some muscle definition so that takes work.

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

gyms are like quitting smoking. If you can't do it yourself(at home in this case), you never will. At least you only signed up for a month /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Now let me get back to the couch /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ha I could do it at home, I would way prefer that but I don't have any space for equipment.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I think joining a gym or working out with a friend is a good way to get going with it, that way you're obligated to do it in a way... then after a month of going regularly you might just be so used to it you'll just keep going /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have to disagree with ya there. I don't really go to the gym for the equipment(I have most of it at home) but for the atmosphere. It's cool to go in there and hear the plates clanking, watching some dude squat 500+ pounds, the loud music etc. I'm not saying that I need that to workout effectively it's that you can't replicate that at home. So, in conclusion, I like showing off and drooling over hotties in the aerobics class.... /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    drooling over hotties in the aerobics class

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Right on, key is to STAY with it even if you're sore as a big dog after the first week. It's worth it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I shouldn't need to do much, I don't want to be some big muscle bound guy, just some more tone, not like I need to lose weight, I'm 5'11" 145lbs.

9. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

holy crap, and i thought i was skinny /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif (kidding /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )

6' 160lbs /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ya i used to workout by myself at home, for about 2 weeks, then i would get bored and quit for 5 months, then repeat. but since im almost dead broke, and im payin $35 a month to this place, you can bet im there almost always 5 days a week, ive had considerable results too, in strength and looks, plus there's like this supermodel that is soo incredibly hott, i just hope she's there everytime i go, but ive only seen her like twice in 8 months, owell, just stay with it and work hard...

11. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yah i joined a gym right before new years.. been going 5 days a week, 2 hours a day, hitting it hard with an intense routine... my friend and i do super sets or breakdowns on most lifting exercises. The last 2 years i'd hit the gym at school 2 days a week...
    I'm 5'11 Around new years i was 165 now i'm 175 and seeing it in my arms, shoulders, and chest. Hitting 40 lbs more on my decline bench and slowly bumping up weight on everything... Its a good feeling. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Appriciate that first week or two of getting so damn sore because you'll never get that sore again unless you stop for a month.. Pretty soon you'll be wanting to get as sore as you did when you first started working out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif