Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just joined and starting my build up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Caseyrey, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Caseyrey

Caseyrey Registered Member

I'm starting from the inside out with a completely redeigned off road friendly interior. I know its a little backwards to do that first other then suspenion axles and so on but working part time in high school with limited tools and budget doesnt help. Heres the plan roll on bed liner interior some custom boxes starting from the back all the way to where the door ends new buckets from prp and a new rear bench from there. Im gonna try to fab up an alumium dash and center console along with amtching door panels maybe a roll cage and soft top depending on funds. i still need to buy tools tired of borrowing. ill get picks up as soon as i finish gutting the inside

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Where in Socal?

3. Caseyrey

Riverside

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

welcome....this site will be you're best friend and worst enemy:haha::haha:
    you might also want to check out socalbigdawgs @ http://www.scbd.org/
    they're a good group of guys here in socal.

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Welcome, a lot of great knowledge here...Enjoy.:D

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if budget is the key factor, just strip the interior of everything but the dash... swap in some seats from a parts-yard-car... and use bedliner on the tub to keep it rust resistant. Right now I have some really nice Corbeau seats and I love them... but I'd trade them in a minute for some tube steel to make my rollcage out of...

j

7. Caseyrey

Yeah ive thought about getting some seats that a buddy of mine has out of his sandrail thats trashed but cant convince him and i probaly will change what i do as soon as i can get my hands on some decent tools my friends dad is building a shop and should be finished some time this summer so when thats complete ill be adding a shackle flip and hopefully some 64" and 52" springs, i could go on forever what i want to do and alot the things i have thought of are setups ive seen here or that ive seen in magazines. If i had the cash at the time i would already have some 1 ton axles out of cucv blazer i saw it in the junkyard but right now i do as much wheelin as i can with 33's and a 2 1/2" rancho lift my goal is to have it how i want it in 3 to 4 years if the funds allow.