Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just kick me in the sack too.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Holy ****, I havent' been this sick since I lived in the squalor that was my existence in the R.O.C. some years back. I'm pretty sure I got bronchitis on Sunday somehow. If you are eating, come back to this later. Nauseau, chills, dizziness, cold sweats, muscle and joint aches, headache, neck ache, major phlegm, hacking cough, elephant sitting on my chest, runny nose, wheezing, shortness of breath, lack of appetite, and tons of mucus. Started Sunday night but I went to work for a few hours Monday morning. I couldn't hack it so home I went. Stayed in bed until now with short trips to the growler, fridge for NyQuil, and to call in sick to work. My throat is raw and every time I swallow, it feels like broken glass going down. I've lost about 4 lbs. so far since I have no desire to eat and it hurts to swallow anything but pudding or the like. Ice cream cools the savage beast but isn't exactly wholesome. I absolutely have to be in to work tomorrow so I'm hoping that my feeling a bit better today is the start of a trend. This sucks.........

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Orange juice, chicken soup, and rest.

And ice cream, because it's ****in awesome.

Hope you feel better dude.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Might add a doctor to that list.

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Rest is best.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

come on bro,you know ck5 members don't go to the doctor!!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Doctor denial...

Hope you feel better tomorrow Doug!

Rene

7. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Prevention

A small snort off the whiskey bottle first thing every morning will generally keep things like that from happening.:waytogo:

8. Desert Rat

You know, I had a salad from Togos last week just as they were announcing the big spinach e-coli scandal....... I looked up e-coli poisoning and I don't think it is a match, but you never know.........

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

stay away from icecream,no dairy dood unless you want more flem..

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Been there..

You guys may recall my bout with bronchitis last year..it took over 3 MONTHS to beat it completely!..it would abate for awhile when I finally went to a doctor and got anbtibiotics,then return with a vengance again..I suffered a lot those 3 months,and thought I'd coughed up most of my lung tissue..it took another round of different antibiotics ,and a few treatments with a nebulizer at the doctors,before it finally was beaten..I had to take prednisone and use an athsma inhaler too!..hope I never get it again..:mad:

I'd go see a doctor..I hate going to one too,I have to be REALLY hurtin for certain before I go to a doctor or to the ER..but I felt I'd be dead if hadn't--I probably would be had I not gone...I tried the usual "home" remedys,nothing helped except brandy or whiskey--it helped bring the phlem up,but that was about it..it added to my woes rather than help much..

BTW--you can get viral bronchitis thats contagious,or bacterial bronchitis from fungus,mold,some types of food,chemical irritants and dust,and old moldy weed, ..don't smoke it!..I know some guys who nearly died smoking moldy old roach dope years ago in high school!..:eek1:

:crazy:

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Maybe West Nile?

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Light up, it'll get everything not phsycically attatched out

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Moonshine.

14. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

[​IMG][​IMG]

Works for me every time :D

15. Desert Rat

I'm feeling better tonight. I have to go to work tomorrow, no choice since I have a deadline I have to meet. The throat is ten times better but the aches and pains persist. I've been able to control the coughing by and large. Two tricks I learned early in my career; how not to smell and how not to cough. I can control both of them. Don't ask me how that skill is invaluable. I'm going to hit the sheets early and give it a shot tomorrow. This illness is cramping my motorcycle riding though, and the season draws to a close. I looked further into e-coli and I don't think that is it. No runs to speak of and that is the hallmark of e-coli poisoning. Just think, a good lawyer and I might have been owning some ex-spinach acreage....damn.......:doah: NyQuil has been a Godsend......and Dr. Daniels has been consulted...

16. Desert Rat

Whoo hooo, out of the woods. Felt so good that I had to hit Crazy Buffet and rid them of those peskly little crab legs that were cluttering up the place...............