Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just Let My Wife Use My 1-Ton 4X4 Crew Cab for the First Time...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1-ton, Aug 9, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

She is out driving it right now as I type this. She has never driven anything bigger than a Ford Taurus in her life. I warned her that it takes a lot more distance to stop my truck that it does her 2003 Nissan. I also warned her to take corners wide in that truck, but of course as she exited the driveway she immediately turned too tight and dragged the rear tires over the curb. I hope she does not wreck my truck, or kill some other poor bastard in a tiny, little two door Hyundai, which had the misfortune of getting in her way.

[​IMG]

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Scary thought.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

you know how the saying goes, women drivers, no survivors

(just playin - wouldnt want any female CK5ers to kill me in my sleep /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

4. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    women drivers, no survivors

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

You have to let us know how she liked driving it, and if there is any damage. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Just kidding about the damage. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i will be praying your truck ummm..... wife makes it home safely

7. 1-ton

She just made it back, and the truck is in one piece. She took my (our) Crew Cab 4X4 truck, so she could show it off, and comfortably transport a few of her friends from work to an office party. I think her friends where very impressed with riding in the "sky high taxi". I do not think her friends have ever ridden in a truck that sits as high as mine (ours) does.

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's a mighty fine lookin truck... There's a crew cab I see running around town about once a month or so, lifted up about 4-6 inches... it's friggin HUGE /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Uh-oh, i notice that in the first post you refer to it strictly as yours. But in the second it gets refered to as "ours". Does this mean she is taking posesion of it now?

10. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    That's a mighty fine lookin truck

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx.

CK5 member NVRENUF, actually has a better Crew Cab than mine right now. Our Crew Cabs are the same year V3500 Crew Cab 4X4. The only difference is his is a bare bones Military model, and mine is a fully loaded Silverado civilian model.

[​IMG]

11. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Uh-oh, i notice that in the first post you refer to it strictly as yours. But in the second it gets refered to as "ours". Does this mean she is taking posesion of it now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that she is getting comfortable with driving it, this just might be the case.

12. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wow, thanks for the pat on the back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Be careful with letting the wife drive the truck, if I let my wife have her way she'd be in the crew cab and I'd be driving a Honda CRV. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I know how ya feel. I let my wife drive my 04 CC Dually. She drives with one wheel so close to the curb I know we're gonna hit something. I can just picture her driving up one day with a whole rear fender missing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Jeff,

I know the feeling, my wife loves to drive the 99 Dodge Dually Diesel. Hell, as she said "I like to how high it sits, and I like it when it puffs the black smoke".

It's good thing she has her own truck.

Original poster Very Nice Looking Crew Cab

Rob

15. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, no comment on the wife thing, but I just took my /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif out to gather some parts (bigger than the Blazer, easier to carry stuff.)

Ends up that where I was going was all one-lane streets out in BFE. Had to drive round some very weird hillside blocks just to make a U-turn /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fitting a 21' long truck around the locals -- who park on these one-lane roads -- was quite a challenge.

After driving such a truck, one starts to appreciate that a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is NOT all that big, and is damn manueverable by comparison. If any Heep people get on you about how big a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is, make them drive a /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif LOL!

-- A