Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just little RUST!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, May 25, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a little bit of rust starting on the rear fender of my truck it is rusting on the inside and the outside of it. Is there any products out there that I could use to stop this and still make the truck look good. I was thinking of just sanding it down to bare metal then applying some kind of rust stopper and then painting it again. But what are the best products to use for this?

Also I need to adjust my front right fender how do I do this I only found one bolt the one on the top near the hood hinges.

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I did my rockers and floor with POR-15 last year, that stuff is sweet.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.por15.com>www.por15.com</a>

I just got all the paint for my engine job and we striped the new motor and did 3 coats of their orange, the guy that I helped do it is the best paint and chevy orange hes ever seen /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Now for the POR-20 on the manifolds.

3. abusedtrucks

abusedtrucks Registered Member

To adjust that fender, you may have only found one bolt, but there are supposed to be about 6 or 7.

-There are two of them below the lights. You need to take to little cutsie thing around the headlights out.
    -There is one above the light
    -under the hood, there are 4 of them directly behind the light and one at the bottom of the fender
    -under the truck, there is one at the very bottom rear corner of the inside of the fender. There may be mud, dirt, or whatever else covering this one up, so just look for it... it's there.

Other than that, I don't know where the others are supposed to be. I just drove 3 5/16x2" screws through the damn fender because it kept coming loose. I think there are supposed to be some going from the inner fender to the fender right around the wheelwell, but I'm not sure.

Hope that at least gets you started.

4. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

would this POR-15 stuff be good for sealing up some pinholes in a gas tank?i just pulled the tank in my 91 K5 to do a shackle flip and the damn thing has 4 pinholes under the mounting strap.the rest of the tank is in great shape.just wondering if this stuff would be good for something like a gas tank.thanks.

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

goto there website they have a gas tank repair kit i think.