Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just looking for some info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wannaburb, Oct 20, 2005.

1. wannaburb

wannaburb Newbie

Oct 20, 2005
    Well 1st off I'm new here....from the "great" state of New York....I'm normally and s-10 blazer guy but I killed my 5th one and want to look into other avenues...I drive all over the state and I happened to come across 2 suburbans....ones an '89 and one I'm not sure of the year but looked just like the '89 it was a 2500 they wanted $1200 thats about all i know about the 2nd one. The 1st one I saw had some body rust and such but it is New york cant expect much less...It looks a little rough thoughout but what I'm curious about is what are known problems with these trucks....anything specific i could look for when i go look at it again....the rest of what i know about it as of now is that it had new brakes, new transmission, and a new radiator. This one was priced $2500, crossed out then down to $1895 and now i talked to the person and he said he'd take $500.....I just need to know what to watch for....also what yrs if any are the same as the '89..thanks for your help..sorry for sounding like a noob...but i am to this.....
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Nov 1, 2004
    hay buddy where in ny are you? nice to see other felow wheelers. just the comon ny rust areas go bad just like a blazer but bigger.