Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just lost my best friend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by browningejm, Apr 30, 2005.

1. browningejm

browningejm Registered Member

I know this doesn't belong here , but this is forum that I have been following.I had to put my dog down today , 13 1/2 year old rottie. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She was heallthy but could not walk anymore because of her size.I had her since she was a puppy, growing up with my daughter (same age). she would be my co-pilot when we went wheeling, she would bounce around the truck, seeking solice, but would never complain,always wanting to go, never to be left behind. I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I needed to tell someone about the loss of my BEST FRIEND!!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I feel for you. Pets become a full member of the family. My deepest condolences.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so sorry to hear man... :( one of the hardest days i've ever had was putting my rottie Raven to sleep...

4. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

im sorry to hear that, my dog is nearing 11 years old and is getting worse and worse. i cant bear to think of what im going to do when he gets even older

5. NEVERENOUGH

NEVERENOUGH Registered Member

Sorry to hear this . We just had to do the same thing to our 11 year old rottie. He was my sons best friend and will be very hard to replace.

6. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry about that. My Lab is 15 but still gets around ok but the day is coming soon when I have to make the same decision as you.

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my lab is 13 and starting to slow down, its going to be a sad day when he goes.

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear. I have a rottie too. They're great dogs with a ton of intelligence and heart. I'll be in your shoes in a few years. Our rottie is 6 and our daughter is four. They are great friends. Our rottie lays by her bed every night until she falls asleep. I don't know what our family would do if we lost her, she's irreplacable. I'm sure your dog was just as special. Just make sure when/if you're ready for another one you don't compare the two, a new dog can never compare to one immortalized in our memories, especially one from your childhood, or that grew up with your children.

9. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Sorry man that sucks. i had a hard time when my dog was put down as well.

mike

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I am sincerely sorry for your loss brother. I remember when My dad's black lab was put down when I was a kid. There ain't words to properly describe it.

11. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

I've walked that mile not long ago. On 12/18 I had to put my Great Dane, Max, down. He couldn't walk due to Wobbler's. He was 8. I still have dreams about him. A recurring one I have is where I come home from work and Max greets me at the door as he used to and we are playing like we did before he got "down". I tell my wife, in the dream, "Max is doing really great!". She says, "Honey, Max is dead."

And then I wake up.