Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just made a very interesting discovery!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 1, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i was in the garage today workin on the blazer and what not ya know..and we have a tone of parts and crap in there..and i pulled back a bunch of boxes..and low and behold there was i think a 12 bolt front axle (was facing the wall)..danna 44. i never even knew it was there befor!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif and my dad had forgotten bout it to! haha..8 lugs with warn manual hubs to! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif haha right in the garage all that time, go figure!! dad says it came of some 3/4 ton. goes to show you how often we clean the garage out! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Bryan

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Those 12 bolt front axles are pretty rare..you could sell it on eBay. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah those 12 bolt front axles are a more common find than you think on this board. Wait till the others here this great news. Attn: This guy has a 12 bolt front axle!!!

People will pay good money for a 12 bolt front! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh no, here we go again! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

He doest know any better. Hes only been around since April, hes prob never heard of Executioner and the elusive 12 bolt front. So take it easy on him. BUWAHAHAHA! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bry, consider it a rite of passage, its in good fun, so take your lumps like a man and smile about it. This is gonna be a real popular thread. LOL!

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Man, how lucky can you get!! If you're really lucky it will be the super rare high pinion 12 bolt front axle. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I want a picture of it as proof.

8. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Uh oh!!!! I've seen what this kind of post leads to...

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Has it been 6 months already? speaking of which, I haven't seen executioner here in a while... might have to have him verify this find!

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HUH so whats this all about this executioner!!?? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif haha ..anyways!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ..lol..yea i know i couldnt beileve it either! ill take some pics of it tomorrow..and then i was like sweet warn hubs!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif hehe but i dont think im ganna sell it think ill probobly use it on the blaz! HEHEH

Bryan

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

OH dont worry i will have a pic!! i promise, i dont make stuff up..hehe..ill addem to my webshots when i get home from summer school tomorrow...haha yea i know... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Bryan

12. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Do yourself a favor and go count the bolts or you will never hear the end of this. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif BTW great find! hehe

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You mean Executioner has had that argument here too?! I only recently started lurking in CK5, but I've been a regular on the ORC BBS for about 3 years and I've had words with him over there about the 12 bolt front more than once, between 2 and 3 years ago. Funny stuff... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL, has he been spreading the 12 bolt gospel at ORC too? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif He's a character for sure!

Someone here got a reasonably close up pic of his front diff...D44 like we all suspected. It was almost a let down /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

15. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Bryan,

I think you're safe, having noted Dana 44 in your initial post!

Cool find though, esp. with the Warn hubs.

John

16. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

every time i start counting i lose track of which one i started on. I think i have a 44 bolt front end /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Damn! How often do you go into the garagge if you just found a d44 laying around!? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

18. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know haha..but i know its at least a 12 bolt cuase my dad told me..and oh i go in the garage just about everyday for a long time..it was just coverd in blankets and boxes and crap on the side of the garage. and yes i can fit two full size blazers in there two!! haha..im bout to go take some pics of it..look for them in my blazer book... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Bryan-later

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn camera. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif .well i got like 5 pics then the damn battery blew on me haha new that was coming..but soon as its done charging ill take some more of the hubs and stuff and gettem up for yall!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Bryan

20. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

At least a 12 bolt? Since you dont know what you have, cross your fingers and hope for a Dana 60!