Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just moved to Washington!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rocknk5, Jun 8, 2006.

1. rocknk5

rocknk5 Registered Member

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a new local out your way. Just moved to Kent washington and I dont know anyone here, or anywhere to go wheelin (lol and I just got my K5 more or less finished after 5 years of working on it). Also if anyone knows any dealerships looking to hire a technician in the Kent/Auburn area, send me a pm.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

welcome to the great state of Washington, my home of 27 years. :thumb: Someone from closer to your new home would prolly know more about local wheelin' spots than I do... I'll let them fill in the blanks there...

j

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Welcome....

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

If you ever get a chance to come down to oregon I can show you some cool places . I know my most fav race track is up there in Kent :bow: . Thats a fast track :eek1: .

5. rocknk5

Well as soon as I get a tow rig oregon isnt that far... Already own a brand new 2006 18 foot deckover lowboy to haul my toolbox, all i need is a vehicle capable of halling my K5 as im sure id kill my Tahoe otherwise..... :(

6. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Jump on Hwy 169 to 410 and head to Enumclaw,Greenwater,White River, Crystal mtn.,Mt. Rainier. Or 167 to Puyallup or Sumner. All "used to be " great places to go. Been a few years since I lived over there (Renton) but there should still be a few places to go. Oh,try going up to Index and hit Reiter Pit....

7. rocknk5

Come on peeps! I need some rock crawling, someones gotta be around me, or know some places to go!!. My 39.5 Irok's havent seen anything but pavement yet!!!!!!! :doah:

8. jekbrown

never wise to advertise that you have a good car hauler trailer... next thing you know, everyone and their brother will be trying to borrow it or get you to haul stuff for them. :grin: :thumb:

As far as rocks and wheeling, how about Naches? Never been there myself, but I've seen some pretty cool action pics...

j

9. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Naches is great if you're in a J**P, I tried a fullsize up there back in the day,I wouldn't reccomend it, VERY narrow...:doah:

10. jekbrown

narrow your rig. :thumb: I'll take on naches once my cage is done. I've heard there are lots of tight spots, but that'll just make it more of a challenge. :thumb:

j

11. rocknk5

Lol, thats next on the list, narrow/and or tube it out, but that requires having a shop or garage big enough to get it into and still have room to work. As far as advertising the car hauler i dont mind helping ppl out, but I dont have a rig big enough to tow my trailer plus a k5 on unfortunately, but if I get the job at the GMC dealer I applied for, I see a 3500 duramax in the near future. :)

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I took my '79 K10 longbed thru the trails on Little Naches with out a dent... you just need to know which trails to look for. Memorial Day weekend was the big trip to Little Naches with a group of K5's, but there will probably be another trip sometime this summer. Check out www.krazyk5.com and you will find most of the Seattle/Tacoma area guys over there.

Reiter Pit is just down the road from me near Gold Bar, WA. I've gotta finish putting my Jimmy back together and will be making some test runs up there soon...

13. rocknk5

Send me a shout when you are going to head up to Reiter, as long as its on a weekend id love to go along, and two rigs is always better then one.

14. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Oh,it was a lot narrower(sp?) when I was done...lol.:haha: Moved a couple of trees also.:doah:

15. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Reiter Pit kicks a$$. Some good hill climbs and a lot of MUD. As for the Naches Trail,it was the "spring fling". Early spring, lots of snow and mud = trees in the way:haha: