Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just my luck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Apr 15, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Ever since I got my truck back it's had a ticking sound coming from around the pass side valve cover. Today I was working on anything and everything in my engine compartment. So I ripped my valve cover off started the truck and starting looking for the tick. I checked every valve nothing. So I shut the truck off and took every pushrod out and rocker. Not a thing wrong. So I put every thing back. Started the truck up still there. So I started checking the bolts on my head (exhaust) and a couple of the bolt holes where stripped. So I have a exhaust leak not a bad valve. So tomarrow I will replace my plugs and take my heads of and clean them then retap the holes.

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

good luck. Let us know how it goes. I assume you will have to drill the holes to the next size up. I'm not sure what size drill bit and what size tap you will need. I know when I tapped my head for a new stud, I took it SLOW.. making sure to back it out and clean up the shavings often :wink1:

3. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Yea I have taped just about every hole on my truck So I am a pro:D . I hate taking my headers off it's right up there with getting all your teeth pulled while you get kicked in the balls. But what ever. At least I can clean all of the oil and dirt off from my red block. Make her shine.:bow: :D :o :laugh:

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

thanks for the new quote :bow:

5. duanel

duanel Registered Member

that is kinda funny since I have had a ticking too that I was thinking was in the valve train and then yesterday I figured out it was a crack in the weld where one of my header tubes connects to the collecter. Sorry you had to do so much to figure yours out though.