Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just need a simple answer for a stupid question!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Nov 15, 2002.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Ok, first of all I have done a couple of unsuccesful seaches because I know that it has arose before and that is one thing that really pisses me and many others off. So I'm sorry to you y'all.
    Ok, now for the stupid question!! I just don't really want to screw up my hubs. How do the Warn premium hubs(brass turnouts) come off. I understand that you take out all of the little allen heads and then what. I haven't looked at them or had the allen heads out yet. What I am needing to do is replace my front brakes!! Probably including rotors. It's on an '84 10 bolt, if that matters or helps. I may go ahead and rebuild the hubs at this time also as the drivers side is leaking a little grease onto my piece of sh*$ alum wheels (hate them damn things) I wish that I could find somebody that would like to trade them for an offset steel wheel. Thanks for helping for curing my stupidity.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Once you remove the allen screws just gently pry the cap out of the hub. Next you will see the guts. You have an outer ring that is sitting in a groove that needs to be pulled out. A hook of some sort, like what a dentist uses, works best. Next remove the center snap ring. You will also see a philips screw holding in the slide ring(I don't know what the offical name of it is) go a head and take the screw out and the ring and spring. To get the hub assy. out I use two of thoes allen screws to pull the hub assy. out.
    That is it for the hub. If you look inside you should only see the wheel bearings & lock nuts..
    Good luck and I hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 74Chev

74Chev 1/2 ton status

Take out the allen screws pull the dial asembly off. Take off the outer ring is the wheel hub body. Now not all hubs have the snap ring of the outer end of the axle. I believe that many of the newer warn hubs do not require the axle snap ring. Anyway if it does take it off if it doesnt' just pull the internals out. If you disc is not grooved or warped I would replace the pads and not turn the rotors. I rarely let my brakes get below 50% so I rarely turn my rotors. If you want them turned just get your four prong socket and remove the wheel bearings and take the rotor to get machined. Be sure to clean out the metal shavings really good before reassembling. If your calipers are old I would seriously recommend replacing them. just buy a set of loaded calipers, fairly cheap and easy. Good luck.