Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just need an amp

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ti.user, Dec 21, 2001.

1. ti.user

ti.user Registered Member

Ok I got a pioneer deh-p630 head unit(rated at 25 watts rms-so they say!!), infinity kappa 6x9's(rated for 2-110 rms), and infinity kappa 3.5"'s(rated a 2-35 rms). need amp size suggestions. I'm leaning towards pioneer. suggestions here would be appreciated also. I am NOT planning on using the amp on the 3.5"'s. I would like something that could handle door speakers in the future. I'm looking for the cleanest clearest sound!!!!!
    thanks
    Thom

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

stay away from the pioneer amp.their stuff has went to he$$ over the years.go to circuit city and get a kenwood or alpine.they cost a little more,but there still affordable and a whole bunch better.

eatin'fords and shittin'dodges down in the sunshine state.

3. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

alpine or mtx

hola

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Kenwood excelon. Thats what I got, my friend's got, other friend's got, they rock, I've got the 301 which is the biggest 2 channel they sell. I like it a lot.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Rockford Fosgate amps aren't as great as they were 6-8 years ago, but they have been making amps forever and are still pretty good at it. Check out the smaller ones at Best Buy.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Not a big name, but I've had three Profile amps now and nothing but good work from them. Sold the first and second, still have a 640sx that's been pushing two pair of Cerwin Vega SS-6.5s seperates @ 75W each for a few years and only ran $138.

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have a Crunch Drive Amp and it's been the best one I have ever owned. The price is right too.... it was $130 ($Saw it for $225 at Good Guys) for an 800 Watt. Got it on eBay from Scala1. [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

8. ti.user

ti.user Registered Member

thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look at the ones you all suggested and try to decide.
    Thom