Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just need to vent...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HZHRZ75BLAZER, Apr 16, 2002.

1. HZHRZ75BLAZER

HZHRZ75BLAZER Registered Member

hello all, just need to vent ..just had a 6" lift installed on my 75 blazer and seems like one problem after the next. first. little did i know that my drive shafts would not fit!!?! just thought the shop would have warned me some. now one of my springs packs are broken and unfortunately not alot of money to order new ones(rear ) i guess thats due to great pay in millitary. lol. it seeems like the shop is calling every hour with a new problem... just thought they could have checked and warned me about some of the problems(like drive shaft) .. well thanks for listening ....

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I agree that they should have warned you about the d-shafts, but you also have to do research on your own. It's always a good idea to ask questions before doing projects. That way you'll know what can (and probably will) go wrong. You will definately have to get your shafts lengthened with a 6 inch lift. If there's one thing I've learned, it's the fact that you can't trust most shops to cover your @ss. You have to do it yourself. I think that's why I started doing all my own work.

3. HZHRZ75BLAZER

HZHRZ75BLAZER Registered Member

most definately. I made the decision also to do my own work best i can anyway. just got out of the classic truck scene so 4x4 fundimentals are still new. thatnks for reply. take care

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

the front shaft will fit, if they cant make it work, i would question their qualification to install a lift. my rear driveshaft fit in my pickup with 6" of lift, but im am not sure about the blazers. fill out your profile, someone here may live close to you and be able to help from sending your rig to the shop.

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I picked up a spring pack for the rear of my blazer from the local salvage yard for $35, you might want to keep that in mind.