Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just ordered a Bowtie Overdrive stage 3 tranny today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shagnaz, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Just want to let the people out there that are
    wondering about these 700's. I will give an update when I recieve the tranny (Next Tues. or Weds.) and then let y'all know how the tranny "feels".
    I read the other threads and one guys said it all,
    Steve know his stuff. If you think about it, we all have
    a custom rig here. We have revamped our rigs with lifts and larger tires. That is more wind resistance and more rotating weight for the drivetrain to move.
    Steve said if I was to follow his directions, the tranny will survive our abuse.
    I know that the 400 is better tranny for abuse, but it is nice to run 38's at 70mph's at @ 2000rpms!
    My price was @ 1575 shipped. I spent 1300 on my last one from GM and it didn't last long, plus I got abunch of crap b/c of my mods.
    I will keep y'all updated. If any questions, please pm me or call Steve at 1-760-947-5240 and let him know that
    Michael Babich told you about Bowtie Overdrive!
    Bowtie Overdrive
    Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. TULSAK5

TULSAK5 Registered Member

I got one in my truck and love it.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I got the Stage II and boy does that thing shift hard. Get's annoying sometimes, but I know this tranny has been holding up to some serious abuse... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I would've loved to been able to afford the III, but....
    Let us know how it drives...

4. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Do they have a web-site and do you have a link?

5. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Updated

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I see you are running a 350. Any mods to it? How much power do you think you are making?
    I ask so I and others can judge your BTO tranny performance in relation to the power being made.
    Won't help somebody with a 502 wondering if a BTO will survive make up their mind if they read this and you are only making 275hp/300lbs.
    Just my .02!

7. pomai

pomai 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I purched and installed a bowtie Transmission with all the good stuff like there Extreme Package, five pinion planitary. The only concern i had was the poor shift quality from 1st to 2nd above 30% throttle. They are good people to speak to. they sent me a corvett servo to improve this. I asked around about this problem and what was told to me was that many folks add larger boost valves and do nothing to the line bias valve. A stronger spring or blocking the line bias valve is needed to fix this.The bowtie site says they modify the line bias valve on their trannys. If you do not block the line bias valve or add a stiffer spring to the line bias valve at the same time a larger boost valve is added, the additional boost pressure from a larger boost valve is mostly lost.

8. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

With the new TPI motor, it's making @330hp. I know it's not much, but it's a good torque monster. I will keep updating. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Well the tranny came in and was install with out any probs. Set the TV cable and took took the pressures. Had to call Bowtie with these. I had to do this a few times b/c the tranny was shifting late. Now that the tranny is tuned in, it is GREAT! It has nice crisp shifts at normal throttle, but if you get on it, it shift hard. I am
    VERY pleased /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif with it. Good money spent, although
    I could of spent that money on some other things, but you need a tranny to drive.
    Bowtie Overdrive Bowtie Overdrive gets my vote on these 700r4's! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Any questions, please pm me.
    Thanks
    Mike B
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif