Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just picked up a Nice Floor Jack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianDamage, Apr 18, 2003.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

after jacking my K5 up for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my way undersized floor jack (and 2 4x4 blocks), I was thinking that it would be nice to have a BIG floor jack.

Just happened to stop at the Harbor Freight store in Huntsville for the first time yesterday and they were running a sale on their 2 1/2 ton long frame jack. It is regular $149.99 on sale for $99.99! (#42820 if you want to look at their website www.harborfreight.com) - not on sale online, so I don't know if it's just a local thing or not, but if you have a HF local, you might want to check it out. The sale ends 4/21.

that thing is huge..it weighs 127 lbs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I gotta go find an excuse to jack up my blazer now /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Is that anything like this one? I saw it tonight at Sam's Club and was thinking I was going to go back and get it sometime next week.... but that one is another one to consider now...

3. BrianDamage

[ QUOTE ]
    Is that anything like this one? I saw it tonight at Sam's Club and was thinking I was going to go back and get it sometime next week.... but that one is another one to consider now...

[/ QUOTE ]

the link you showed isn't working (session expired), but I went to Sam's website and looked for floorjack..it only came back with one jack, so I assume that is the one you're talking about. (the Michelain jack - blue)

this jack I got is alot bigger than that. The one you looked at at Sam's has a 22" lift. The one I just got has 31 5/8" lift!

Hell it's 49 1/4" long! Like I said this thing is huge! Good deal for $99.99 in my opinion. Perfect fo trucks.

specs:

Strong steel side plates
    Heat-treated at maximum stress points
    Swivel saddles
    Handle and foot pump
    Lift range: 5-3/4'' - 31-5/8''
    Dimensions: 49-1/4'' x 18'' x 8-1/2''
    Weight: 127 lbs.

[​IMG]

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've got one too. A little on the cheeply made side, but $100 for a jack that that will accually lift my truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The foot pump is a Plus too.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Now you just need to get some big, honkin' jack stands to hold the truck up while you're under it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BrianDamage

[ QUOTE ]
    Now you just need to get some big, honkin' jack stands to hold the truck up while you're under it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I was looking at their 12 ton stands while I was up there (around $75/pair)

I just got laid off this past Monday, so I'll have to wait until I go back to work, but I think those are next /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just couldn't pass up that $50 off on that jack /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Got those too. I bought them last year when I was playing musical axles.

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Cool, thanks for the info.... dunno why the link said session expired, I wasn't signed in to that site to begin with... LOL

9. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I have the Sam's club jack and I like it so far

10. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

I got that jack from Sam's Club and it's a good jack, but it wasn't tall enough to reach the frame when I already had the axles on jack stands (i was swapping axles). I ended up having to buy some 12 ton jackstands for it to work out. It's a hard jack to beat for $60, though.

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I got my 5K jack from Sam's back in Dec 00 fer Christmas. My wife asked me to get it for me from her that year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Anyway, I love it. It came with a SUV attachment to lift it 4 1/2" higher. Works well even with 36s.
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif