Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just placed the orders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Welp time to begin my 1st ever project vehicle. I have a lot of exerience doing what needs to be done and what I have planned so I placed my first orders today to get started. I bought a 80 K-5 Blazer super cheap. The engine was rebuilt less than 5K ago. Only thing he did was a slight cam upgrade. The rest of the engine was put back together stock. Well I wanted to upgrade the engine a little more so here is what I got.

Headers:$150 (not cheapies either these things are built right, sup. will never rust or blue or geen)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look at them welds
    [​IMG]

Edelbrock Intake: 175 (Performer Air Gap Idle-5500 RPM)
    [​IMG]

Holley Truck Avenger: $200 (2 Months old)
    [​IMG]

Valve Covers: $25 (No they don't help but I didn't want to repaint the stocks)
    [​IMG]

I still have to clean and paint under the hood before I put this stuff in but it sure feels good after 2 years of planning and waiting on the right time to actually start. I wonder what this will add in horsepower. Gonna change the thermostat, plugs, wires, distributor stuff. Anything I missed that might help. I also bought the back glass that had been busted out.
    After this all gets put on I have to drain all the fluids and filters, then on to the suspension then the exterior then interior. I am about 1K into the project but it is still early so I am real excited. Anything glaring I am missing let me know

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Looks real good :waytogo:.

Cant say you definately missed something, but you will find out soon enough. Other things always come up in a job like this.

What are you doing for the rest of the exhaust?

Any other mods?

3. Quackaddict

exhaust

Little undecided on the exhaust. I bought this from a buddy and once it didn't need to pass emissions he had true dual exhaust with glasspacks put on. What I don't like is he got some real small pipe probably 2". Now my plan would be 2.5" pipe into true flowmaster exhaust but with all the other plans I have the exhaust isn't hurting anything right now.

I am working in LA with the hurricane relief so I have some time to decide. I just found some good deals and jumped on them. That is what I am buying right now is the things I find that are good deals. The stuff I can get anyday I will worry about later.

4. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Don't blow your $ on fun mods today and find out you should have spent it on something (broken) you NEED tomorrow. :D

5. Quackaddict

Very True:D Except with this vehicle it is a project vehicle so pretty much everything is getting completly redone so if it is broken or a fun mod it will be done before its over.:wink1: This is not a DD or a must have I plan on taking my time and when it's done it's done. Want it done right not fast.

6. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

looks good!