Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just plain wrong right here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jul 13, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

kid gets beat with own prosthetic leg, wtf is wrong with this world?:mad:

Boy Beaten, Artificial Leg Used As Weapon

CBS) BURBANK, Ill. A 15-year-old southwest suburban boy and his friends are wondering what could have made a group of teens beat him, then take his prosthetic leg and use it as a weapon on a friend who came to his rescue.

As CBS 2’s Kristyn Hartman reports, D.J. Choate of Burbank is now without his leg after losing it in a scuffle his friends call unthinkable.

Choate and some friends were outside near 79th Street and Nagle Avenue when a group of teens drove past and almost hit him on Monday morning just after midnight.

Choate said he and his friends believed the teens were drunk, and they called the teens on their behavior. The teens exited the car, and when they did so, Choate asked to be left alone because he only had one leg.

But one of the teens shoved Choate to the ground and removed his leg. Police said when a 20-year-old friend tried to help Choate, one of the attackers used the leg as a weapon to hit him in the head.

The teens then smashed the artificial leg on the ground and drove off, police said.

“There was no reason for anyone to jump on us,” Choate said. “We did nothing. Nothing wrong.”

Choate added there was “no reason, not one reason” for the assailants to take his leg. “That’s demented right there,” he said.

Added Choate’s friend Victoria Campbell, “I really don’t know what to say about it. He didn’t do nothing wrong. He was just in there trying to help his friend out.”

The prosthetic leg was severely damaged. Choate needs a new prosthetic leg and without a replacement, he cannot walk normally.

Police say they are looking for five men who speak Polish or broken English.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree that it sounds f'ed up, but i wonder what really happened.

Not a bright move. No reason to be beaten with your own leg, but not bright in any event.

Sounds like their luck just got worse and worse.....

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that sucks

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I could see myself at that age getting out of the car and saying "WTF did you just say?" and maybe even administering a little ass whipping, but even as a young punk I was never even close to enough of a sh*theel to take a guy's leg, much less beat his friend with it.

I think we need to end up with 5 one-legged polacks up there in Ill.

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: I don't care what y'all say, that is funny as hell!!!!!:doah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: