Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just pulled code and...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlazerWheels, Jan 21, 2005.

1. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I got a 44

as per Haynes ---> Lean Exhaust - Check ECM wiring Connection terminals. Have the fuel pressure checked. Check the oxygen sensor wire. Check the carburetor gasket, vacuum hoses and intake manifold gaskets for leaks. Replace oxygen sensor (Component replacement may not cure the problem in all cases. For this reason, you may want to seek professional advice before purchasing replacement parts.)

Here is what recently happened. New heads, new exhaust manifold (pass side), replaced and fixed many vacuum lines. Check engine light never came on before....but does now after about 10 - 14 minutes of freeway driving.

Has always had a slight hesitation on take off, idles slightly irregular at a stop.

Any ideas??? Should I change the O2 sensor and see if that helps??:confused: :confused:

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

If you do, Don't waste your money on Bosch...get a Delco....Friggin Bosch was bad right outta the box...cost me a second Inspection fee ($35)...Delco was $5 cheaper and Worked....Plus I didn't get my money back on the Bosch so I was out $35 reinspection fee and $45 for the Bosch Piece of doodoo

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm thinking you have a vacuum leak somewhere. A vacuum leak can cause an engine to run lean. Check all the vacuum lines you recently replaced first for any vacuum leaks. One of the lines may have become disconnected. Then check the intake manifold for vacuum leaks since you removed that as well when you did a top end on your engine.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Last time I got a code 44 putting in a new 02 sensor cured the problem.

Harley

5. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

check to see if your EGR valve isn't getting stuck

and it is possible for you to have an exhaust manifold leak.

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

my money is on either O2 or EGR, if theyre both old, might as well replace em. one at a time of course, so u know what was causing it

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think you are all wrong. I think it is the left rear wheel causing the problem. :D

8. BlazerWheels

Nope, can't be...it was replaced when it refused to start. Replaced the right one when it overheated. The front 2 are new....so that can't be it.:D

9. BlazerWheels

EGR has already been checked...all ok. I figure that I will probably change the O2 and see. While I am at it, I wil check to see if I have an exhaust leak...