Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just pulled my Sky Dana 60 arm outta the box.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

GOD DAMN, this things is BEEFY. I wondered why the hell it cost $12 shipping. Now I know! This thing is freaking HUGE. I think if my whole truck blew up this would be one of the only parts left! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    -fLeXy K20

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I installed mine last weekend, I was pretty impressed with the beefy-factor as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif In case you're wondering, the side of the studs with the shorter threads goes into the knuckle, and you want to bottom the threads out on the knuckle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

yeah I did wonder for a little bit, but I figured it all out. I dont however really see the 3/4" rise that these are supposed to have. I got the 2 holed arm so I can do highsteer later on if I so desire, and I just dont see the rise that's supposed to be in there. How do you like you arm? Later
    -fLexy K20

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> There isn't a rise per se, it's just the fact that the arm is taller overall since it replaces the kingpin cap. I measured mine and it is a little over 1/2" taller where the TRE bolts on vs. a standard milled 1" plate arm.

I dig it, I haven't seen any other arms out there that I would rather have. WHen someone gets one milled out of titanium then I will get jealous. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif</font>

5. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Could someone be so kind as to post a link to SKY.
    Never heard of them and I am in the need of a D60 arm right now. Thanks.

6. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Will there be any clearence issuses with running the ORD zero rates? I have them on my front and was just curious. If I were to goto highsteer would there be a chance that the tie rod might hit the leafs with the zero rates in there? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> www.sky-manufacturing.com is their webpage. They're having a special now, the arm will run you $122 with hardare and shipping. There is a huge thread that I started that's probably a couple pages down now in the Garage with pics of Flexy's arm in it.

Flexy, I actually have the zero rates on mine, and although I don't have a drag link on it at the moment it appears that I will have a bit over an inch of clearance for it. Should be plenty. </font>

8. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

The link is http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/ They are having a sale on the arms for another 3 days too. $122 for Arm, hardware kit, and shipping. Awsome arms. The pictures do them NO justice. They are BIG. Later
    -fLeXy K20

9. thebigdaddyof2

Thanks for the link guys.
    It's hard to tell from their pictures of the arms but are the holes for the tie rod drilled at an angle (knuckle inclination angle) or not?

10. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yes they have the 10* angle (or whatever it is) milled into them. They did not cut any corners on theses arms. They are really nice, and not that expensive either. You wont be dissapointed. Later
    -fLeXy K20

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

12. thebigdaddyof2

Much better pictures, thank you.
    I saw where you said that you are running zero rates but have yet to install the drag link. Do you think there is going to be enough clearance?

I'm going from a D44 with x-over, 1.5" Rockrod draglink, 1" angled zero rates, 6" lift leaf springs, and a 1" spacer under the arm- to a whole new D60 with x-over setup. I am wondering if I will need a spacer under the new Sky arm.....

The kingpin area is larger so maybe not.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, so here's the deal. I actually do have a sleeved 1.5" Rockstomper draglink. It was, however, built for a different arm that uses a DLE instead of the TRE. Now, since the DLE has a long shank, the drag link built for the DLE was too short so I am having another one built that's longer so I can run a TRE. That was a nice $90 mistake thanks to a jacked up POS arm that I bought from someone else. When I installed the Sky arm the short draglink was still installed, so I could hold it in position and see that I had at least a good inch, possibly as much as 2" clearance between the spring and the link. That was with no spacer installed. The spacer is not neccessary on the 60.</font>

14. thebigdaddyof2

Shaggy, thanks again.
    I found your long post and read the entire thread.....wow! Hope things work out OK.
    (I skipped right over that one because I thought it was about D44/10b.)
    Scott @ Rockstomper is a great guy.........

I'll be ordering my Sky arm tommorrow....I hope they still have one in stock-
    (after all you other fawkers ordering yours). j/k
    I'll let you know how mine lines up.

BTW, thanks for "paving the way" and finding such a fine D60 x-over arm for the CK5 group. I've been looking for a while now myself and this IS the best I've seen- and at the right price.

todd

15. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

No they will have one in stock, when I talked to them he said he had "tons of them sitting there." So I dont think it will be a problem. Yes you made a good choice. Later
    -fLeXy K20

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm getting my 10/44 arm from him... no shipping though, cheaper for me to drive the 10 miles to get it, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

-Jeremy

17. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

It would figure that the cooler cheaper parts always come out after I have done something. Oh well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Depdog

18. thebigdaddyof2

Yep, I called and talked (at length) with Sky....he seems like a good guy. He's shipping mine out this afternoon. He did say that if you do run highsteer, you may need to clearance grind some of the casting flange off of the TREs because it may be a tight fit. I ordered the 2 hole arm just in case I install highsteer later.

Thanks for the heads up on this one...

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Sky has been on the OBH (Oregon Bush Hackers on yahoogroups) mailing list for a long time and is always helping to answer peoples questions (usually not even about his parts) and offering his experience. Seems like a great guy that uses almost everything he sells.