Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just put High powered cd in, my speakers SUCK

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bablazer73, Dec 29, 2002.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just put a pioneer cd player in. 50w x2. overpowers stock speakers. I know I can get dash speakers, but the rears? I have a nice set of sony X-Plod 6x9's. but they don't fit back there. other than speaker boxes, where else can I mount them. I was thinking about in the side panels just behind the doors. will the cardboard panels support speakers?? idea's please!

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

They will do fine mine have been inthere for about a 1 1/2 years and they are holding up fine.

3. sublime_whatigo

sublime_whatigo Registered Member

are your stock speakers 4x10's? thats what mine were in my 87. anyway you can cut a bigger hole like i did or they sell brackets that stick out a little and allow for 6x9s, i think crutchfield sells them.

4. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Get the 6x9 boxes, it will sound much better than mounting them in the thin side panel wafer board. They make the individual 6x9 boxes in a wedge style that you could mount on the wheel wells, pointing the speaker at the back of front seats. You will be amazed at the bass a 6x9 puts out when mounted in a box. If you mount them way in the back, you will hardly be able to hear them.

5. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

boxes are best, i actually mounted mine in a console i built between my bucket seats, sound good, and i have a bilt in tool box, its a nice feature if you break down as much as me, i can listen to them any where around the truck, and access tools so easy, lol