Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just rebuilt 700R4, and 12 bolt in Hollister, CA

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by trailblazr81, Sep 29, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

I have a rebuilt 12 bolt rear with 4.56 gears and detroit locker, also rebuilt 700R4 with converter, 1350 CV rear shaft. All out of a Blazer that had 6" lift. Had all this done then thing started having some motor troubles, then wiring :doah: , so got me a 73 K20. All parts are like new just done earlier this year. It all cost me $2500+ would like to get $1000. for it. Located in Hollister CA. Currently bolted to a 86 Blazer, can have that too...

2. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

How much just for the 12bolt? :D

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

How much for the drive shaft? :D

Ira

4. trailblazr81

Well I just found out from "THE MAN" I cant have a vehicle on jack stands. So having a vehicle in the driveway with no axle wont work. So if you have an axle I can throw under it, or want to haul off the complete Blazer minus tranny I dunno how to work it. For just the 12 bolt I would ask $500, or take the Blazer minus the tranny for $600. Body and interior is in pretty good shape. Could take it, use what you want or part it out. My garage and the side of my house is looking like a junkyard, cant have the front looking it.

5. trailblazr81

$250 for the shaft, plus the ride if you dont pick it up. Has 1350 CV, plus a 1350 U-Joint where connects to axle. Was custom made to fit with my lift, should work on Blazer's with 208 case and 4-6" of lift. I kept destroying U joints and dealing with viberations with the lift and 383 motor. After I got this shaft it never vibrated and I couldnt damage it. Even had a U-Bolt on axle come loose and wheel slid back against fender and the shaft and joints were fine.

6. badfish4tail

It's for by bro., so let me ask him and maybe we could burn a weekend and tow it back down here :D

7. badfish4tail

We'll prob. want the tranny too :D

8. trailblazr81

Good then wouldnt have to pull another tranny, would porobly want to put it on a trailer, I put old K20 springs on it when I took off the lift, and its not all bolted tight, also the drivers front is sitting on a tire thats not exactly "mounted" to the rim...

9. badfish4tail

Do you have pic's? :D

10. trailblazr81

None now... I can take some when I get off work and have em up tonight or tomorow. :cool1:

11. badfish4tail

Thanks, cause now i am intrested in the whole truck. :D

12. trailblazr81

OK, I should have something by 7 or 8 pm. Unless someone starts shoving beer's in my hands... :wink1:

13. badfish4tail

Yeah I hear ya on the drinking thing
    Thanks a bunch!!!!!

14. trailblazr81

Hopefully this works.

http://photos.yahoo.com/trailblazr81

I couldnt take any pics of the interior right now, cuz its being used as storage... some cardboard boxes, and some junk I need to take to the dump. Its all there tho. The passenger side armrest kinda falls off, and it needs some wiring work under the dash. I have the tail light lenses in the garage, as well as the air cleaner housing. I took off the belts, and took off some plug wires, stil there tho, dunno why its running rough and not passing smog. I took some bulbs off for my 73 K20. I have the other 2 15x10 Black Rockcrawlers to go with it, and a 4.56 Richmond Gear set to throw in the front axle... I can take some more pics tomorow when theres better lighting. :wink1:

15. badfish4tail

Okay so showed the pic's to my Cousin and they really want the rig.
    Can you post some more pics of the rig inside and out.
    Also I know the rear 12blt has a locker, but what is in the front?
    Thanks....Mario

16. trailblazr81

The front is a 3.08 10 bolt out of a 81 Blazer, I have a 4.56 gearset by Richmond Gear, new in box, just needs to be installed. Also need to bolt on the calipers. And I'll try to take some more pics after work...

17. badfish4tail

Okay I will relay the info :thumb:

18. trailblazr81

OK here are some interior shots.. dont mind the torque converter, sway bar, and old shocks!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/trailblazr81

The one rust spot is on the back of the drivers door frame.

19. badfish4tail

Thanks for the extra pics! I will relay them to my cousin who really wants this rig. What kind of engine and wire prob. does it have? is it fixable or do we need to drop another 350 in it? thanks....Mario

20. trailblazr81

Im not sure with the motor; was running ruff, kinda like it had a miss. Put on a new cap, rotor, plugs... was better but not completely fixed. Has an Edelbrock Q-Jet on it. Then it sat. One day tried to move it out of the driveway, had to Jump start it, and when turned the key, smoke came from under the dash. At least thats what my li'l bro said, I wasnt there. Now you turn the key and get nothing. Maybe can just run another wire from starter to IGN. Other things would still work like windows n lights. I took the radiator out, but since it didnt fit in my 73 K20 put it back in the Blazer, may need hoses/belts. Everything worked fine on it before, replaced headlight switch, power window switch, back window worked fine from inside, found out after we got it that it takes a different key on the outside than the doors (must have switched door locks). Never took the top off. It was my Dad's, I had it in 4 wheel drive twice, both times to pull out my stuck 81, then the newer parts on the 81 I put on this 86 when I got rid of the 81. Then had the motor and electrical problems...