Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just saw a 71 or 72 pickup !!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jan 2, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dunno which year cuz it was coming form opposite direction at me and the rearview mirror was missing so i dunno if if was glued on style 72 or bolted on style 71 but i saw one !!!! dammit, old beater one looking good in the foggy a$$ rain nasty weather with all its lights on and wow its been so long sinc eive seen a 67-72 truck that ive forgoten how much narrower they are than 73-up!
    its been like a year ? almsot two years ?

damn i want another one, i used to be able to find them and i had quite a few of them since 93, until about mid 2002, now they all gone,

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Cause you scrapped them all /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lol!
    well if they had'nt of all rusted out into almost nothing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif then theyd have not needed to be parted haha, but anything here thats metal has a real time lasting very long, haha
    plus it was ppl who were bringing them to me, its not like i went out and dug for them, i didnt even have to go anywhere to get any of the ones i had for parts, but the oens i had that i drove i went after though, and sopld them all eventually, but other ppl junked them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

vehicles just tend to have the worst of luck,

humm..

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a friend with a 2wd 71(I believe its that year).... Very nice shape. Its a Chevy with leaf springs... 350/th350, longbed.... Its for sale! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You sound like you've never seen the '67 to '72 trucks at all. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you lived here in E-town, those years of trucks are EVERYWHERE! There are lots of them driven daily all over the town, country, etc. Plenty of parts for them, too.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't know how southern Illinois is so much different than here. He says he never sees Blazers and I must see a half dozen every day. 67-72s are kinda rare, but a guy at my work drives to work in a '71 GMC C1500 that surprisingly isn't rotten, although it's no show truck.

Randy, come north!! We have jobs, blazers, and 67-72s!!

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wont go north, screw all that, i want to go south, north is the last direction i want to go, ive seen enough salt and nsow as it is.