Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just saw the weather forecast for the Swapmeet

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by IGOR, Apr 5, 2006.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thunderstorms on Friday, Rain on Saturday, High chance of rain on Sunday

Nice! Oh well...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

This is oregon man, whatcha expect

3. IGOR

I know I know - every year - it's either blazin' hot - or POURING rain. Just once I'd like to have a year with nice cool weather...

Oh well...

4. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

Hey , I remember one year at PIR when I was roadracing motorcycles (gsxr1100) we had rain , hail , and sunshine all in the same day and we still raced :eek1: . And yes this was in April 1st race of the season . Ya Murphy showed up too :( . 27 bikes went down that day . no serious injuries . My bike went home in 1 piece . Bring your rain gear and tarps , your gonna need them :haha: . I'm hoping I don't find anything I need cause the wife is gonna kill me if I spend any more money :doah: ( we got our tax refunds ) .

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Here I am posting this from T-roy's computer. We had nice days Thursday and Friday. This morning Kenny and I woke up and all our stuff was in a swamp. By the time we got shelter up and moved all the parts partially submerged in water, the rain let up some. Needless to say, it was a wet day. T-roy was kind enough to have Kenny and I dry off at his house tonight.

We'll be back out there tomorrow, whatever it's doing. Someone come buy our stuff! We don't want to haul it all home.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

one has to wonder why they don't do the same meet in late may or early june. I mean, at least 2 of 3 days is gonna be wet on your average april fri-sun weekend.

j

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Probably due to the racing season making them more money when its not raining as much...

8. IGOR

Man - I was there on Saturday (in the rain - I feel for you guys - especially Allan!) at the Expo.

Those guys that run the Expo show are total dicks! My buddy and I split up - he had to go pick up some tires and I left to go get my truck and planned to meet him back at the gate. I realized while I was standing in line for the bus that I needed a "parts checked pass" from the booth where you can check in your parts near the gate.

I walked up to the guy and asked very politely if I could get a pass - that I had my buddy somewhere in the swap meet coming to meet me. He says NO! That he can't just give me a pass - because what if I don't come back? BIG ****IN DEAL!

Anyway - I tell him I'm going to check in my Leatherman then - and he says - "That's not an auto part" - I replied - yeah but it's a tool (like you I wanted to say!) - He finally caved and gave me the pass -

But kudos to the guys that run the PIR meet - pisss on the Expo guys!

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

That's why I like PIR. Less traffic, but also less rules and hassles associated with them. Alot more freedom, and hopefully they keep it that way and no one takes advantage of it to where they start becoming like the Expo as far as restrictions and rules.