Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just shoot me, I have to go to the dentist..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Desert Rat, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

A couple of weeks ago I'm chewing on something hard when all of a sudden CRACK!, I feel some sharp pain in the lower right side of my jaw. I'm looking around for the sniper, but don't see any towers or grassy knolls.. Seems I cracked a filling. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I procrastinate going to the dentist for as long as I can but today it's really bugging me even more. Not even the over consumption of alcohol is working. So, I start feeling around with my tongue, and my finger, and find that half of one of my lower back teeth is missing. Seems it broke away at some point recently. So now I'm sitting here eating these Chicken McNug....I mean salad with the left side of my mouth knowing I have to go see Dr. Mengele this week to play a round of "who can scream the loudest..." /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif On a bright note, got the shot motor and tranny out of the Blazer and put the good motor and tranny in. I only cut my hands and fingers a dozen or so times and it hasn't rained yet today... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If only the parts store woulda had the gaskets I need to put the tranny/TC mount back in. Guess I gotta wait until tomorrow to get to the dealer.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

get some clove oil and put it on a q-tip and apply to your tooth /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif it is a all natural numbing solution /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Desert Rat

Clove oil? No kidding

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Clove oil? No kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just chew on a clove... works the same. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. mudhog

yes it works great and can be found at most nutrition or helth centers

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That sucks, but I feel your pain... sort of... I put off the dentist for about 7 years, and have now been going on a bi-weekly basis for repairs... They just asked me for the co-payment last week, I had to tell them to bill me for it...

7. Desert Rat

I have good dental insurance so there's really no excuse. I just hate going to the dentist. I wish they could just knock me out whenever I go. Needles in the gums just don't rate high on my list of things I enjoy.

8. stuper

stuper Registered Member

my pops is a dentist. ii think sometimes its harder for him to see a patient more and more frequently. just take care of your teeph, or u won't need to worry bout teeth falling out unless ur bonding agent stops working.

theo/stuper

9. Desert Rat

Maybe I could just stuff a peppermint chiclet in there... hey wait! a clove chiclet, that'd be the ideal...

10. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    get some clove oil and put it on a q-tip and apply to your tooth /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif it is a all natural numbing solution /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have been putting off going the drill man for a week, but the pain is getting unbearable, got some clove oil today, it works realy well, hope it will last untill I see the dentist...

11. mudhog

i told you it works i always have a bottle with me when we go camping or out of town or anything that way if a tooth starts hurting anyone i just break out the clove oil /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I like gas...

13. Desert Rat

You know, I never did fix my tooth. It's still missing the big chunk.....and I have worse gas, I promise... Keep digging my old posts up Fumes, this gives me a chance to pad my own posts............