Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just tinted the windows YEHA!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Aug 17, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have to tell ya, tinting the top's windows SUCKED! I started at 630 this morning, and it took me about 45 minutes for each side. Not a bubble to be seen......Though it was a PIA, I can't believe how much I like the way it looks. My top came through from factory with zero tint, which made for a VERY hot back seat.... all I have left is the rear window, which I'm going to wait for John to get home to help with that one....too bad front tint is illegal in VT, or I'd do them all!

BTW, I used Limo Tint with 20% "light".... wicked dark... oh the UCP white sticker looks even better than it did before!

Brandy

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Good job! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I did my back window on my old 78 several years ago, and if you think
    the topper windows were a pain - just wait till you get to the rear! It's not exactly
    flat - it has a slight convex shape to it and its hard to squeegee (sp) (is that a real
    word?). Make sure you brace it on a saw horse or something. I'm getting my door
    windows done Monday with the 20%. My top has about 10% now, so it's real dark.
    I still need to do my moon roof. The sun really blasts in through that. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The worst part about the tailgate glass- the tailgate wont' go down...................which means, the window will have to be down, to get the top, then up etc..... I still haven't done it.... yesterday when John came home from work, we finally put the stereo and speakers etc. in.... then I decided to change my oil.. hmmm I wondered why the service engine soon light would come on and off- 1 quart of oil came out of her... she wasn't very happy with me I guess thats the knocking I heard.... hehehehe. well she's running better, have very loud tunes, and 2/3 of the windows are tinted.

Brandy

4. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

the back window will come out with the tailgate down you just need to flip the latches on the side. i have 5% all the way around the back, nice and dark.

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I am doing my windows this week. Extreme 2% all the way around the back 3 and 35-45% on the front two....of course none on the windsheild because that is illegal without perscription for your eyes being too sensitive to bright light