Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just to let you know....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Uncle Fester, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester 1/2 ton status

Hey all, just wanted to drop a line and let you know I am still amoung the living...I have been moving to a new, larger house and can not afford internet right now, so we are using the computers at the local liberary for awhile..:doah:

I did get some work done on my suburban, had to replace the clutch and exhust system all in one week! yikes! Blew the pressure plate to peices playing in the mud on night, and getting her unstuck, managed to rip the exhust off.....very expensive night! got the new clutch installed at a local tranny shop and then off to the muffler shop for a new 2.5" single into duel exhust (SUPER V muffler) SHE SOUNDS MEAN NOW! now if only her performance matched her sound...soon. Next thing I am doing to her is a Cam swap, Intake, and carb... going to use a summit cam (sum1106) a summit intake (summit stage two) and a Edelbrock carb (650cfm). Acourding to the guys at summit, should be good for about 325HP and 350 torque, work for me as the stock 350 in my truck was rated at 195hp!:doah:

Any way, thats what is up with me right now, I will post in as I can, and hopefully we will get internet at the house soon.:D

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

damm, busted her up. how much for all the work?

3. Uncle Fester

the new clutch set me back 650 installed, the u-joints where 150 installed and the exhust was 250 installed...OUCH! $1050.00 in one dang week! Thank GOD for loving family...having one car/truck sucks at times!:mad:

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for checking in, brother!!! :thumb:

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

dont want to pop your bubble but 325hp from cam intake and that carb is not to good a chance. but you will get some power added yas.

6. Uncle Fester

Yeah, after some more research I have found a friend who has a 454 builder I can have for $250.00 so I might do that instead.....350-400hp and 400torque alot easier with a big block:bow: so that may be the way to go...got to do some thinking on this one:doah:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

do your self a favor wasst the cash on a big block and be money ahead later on.