Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

just to let you know

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4k20, Aug 1, 2003.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i sent swanson52 $ 130 for some parts.. he cashed the check on or around 5-19-03 i emailed him and have not gotten a honest reply he said they were lost by. fedx. then he said he found them at his exgirls house and he would ship them out the next day.. that was 2 weeks ago well to make this short i aint got nuthing yet . he was a member at the time we started this deal but now he's not . so now i gota just rant a little . i have dealt with several folks over the net and never had any problems until now . so i hope by posting this he will step up and be honest about this and let me know something /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. 85army tank

85army tank 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifboy dont you wish they where all more like me by the way get that tranny up and running yet /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

He just posted a little more then a week ago so he's still around it looks like... I thought Bryguy was supposed to pay for his membership? We voted for him to be orange in a thread back in June I think it was? Anyhow, might be why he isn't orange? Anyhow.... try to email him and PM him let him know what's up..... hopefully he'll get it straightened out quickly...

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Maybe he's just run into a tough time. It's best to try to solve these things privately for the first month or so, until you're absolutely sure the other party is "screwing you over." We had a discussion about this in the Bloody Knuckle a couple weeks ago. I'm not saying you're wrong for posting this up, it's just that there's 2 sides to every story, so give it some time and hopefully things will work out. I've never heard anything bad about Swanson in the past and I'm sure he wouldn't try to jip anyone out of money. Please don't take offense to this post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

yea i have heard he is going thru a divorce . but its been over 2 months since he cashed my check ..i am not one to bash someone.. but its been long enough. i just want an answer and i cant get one so thats what is bothering me the most. i go thru alot of hard times myself which i shouldnt have to do , but they do come along.. but i at least will be honest and tell whoever i have something going on with the truth! i was raised on the truth and will never be any other way..

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Y'all are overlooking the obvious......The ESPN College Football poll came out today........Word is Nebraska doesn't have a chance.........OU is Number 1 though... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That will draw him out if he's around......

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I bought my rear bushing kit from him off of here. No problems in the transaction start to finish.

-Jeremy

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

communication is the key. i've delt with johnny(4x4k20). a check i sent him through us postal service got lost. i couldn't belive he hadn't recieved the mailed check after two weeks. I kept him updated as to what was going on and what i was doing about it.
    turns out the check got lost in the mail, cost me an extra 40 to put a hold on the check and fedex him another but it had to be done.

swanson52, if you read this speak up, communicate!!

ARQ.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I bought my lift from Tim (Swanson52). Nice guy, very honest. I would think he'll make it right as soon as he can. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I also think he could be having some problems. He PM'd me about 2 months ago for some info on starting a new business. I gave him the info he needed and tried to ask him how things were going with it and never got a response back. I don't think he's trying to screw you over but I can see where you are coming from too.

11. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think Tim is a good guy also BUT I bought some front springs from him around the sme time as 4x4k20 and still have not received my parts and have had Minimal communacation with him some thing about Fed ex [I love Jeeps] up the address or some thing like that we did have some problems with addresses but it should be worked out I want to give him a benefit of the doubt but it's hard when you don't hear from him

12. yellowK20

Also the lift that we bought our parts from came off or were coming off one of his buddies truck there not actually tim's he was just selling them for his friend I hope this guy didn't skate out and leave Tim holding the bag still there needs to be more contact I PM'd him yetserday and have yet to get a reply back or the read receipt

13. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i finally got the parts friday 8-8-03 but the shocks were worn out and i didnt get the front sway bar drop brackets . the steering arm was good . oh well thats the way it ends.

14. yellowK20

Still no parts or contact from him /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. yellowK20

Got my springs yesterday In better shape than advertised (tim said they needed bushings but they look near new to me ) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif