Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just watch a guy on Tv get his hand sucked into the fairlead of a winch....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

was watching a show on the travel channel about Wheeling, (its still on if you want to watch the rest) but anyway, At the end of the mud bog segment, they show a guy getting his hand sucked into a winch, the winch wouldnt spool back out, so they had to get a pry bar to get his hand out, the guy passed out from so much pain, So just a little reminder, be careful when your winchin, Cuz that sh!t looked like it hurt like hell........

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Yeah i have seen that, theres some perty cool stuff there.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I've seen that 3 times now and everytime when he first lets out that screem I think about how bad that has to hurt... /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> yeah i watched that a few week's ago myself. i couldn't help but laugh but i know that,that poor guy was freakin' hurting ! he was stuck like that for over 20 minutes i think with all that pressure on his fingers, and that was no small 1000lb winch !they never did say what happened to him after that,,but i think it's safe to say that he probably lost a few fingers or will never be able to use them like he could before.
    so just keep that in the back of your mind's when you guy's are in a hurry to winch out of a jamb, keep your hands in a safe spot so that can't happen to you and always wear gloves when grabbing that thing. you never know when you might break a strand and shove it into yur finger's.
    </font>

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah yeah he's got another hand, but what about that hottie that was rock crawlin. You know... in the red Heep... wearing the tight blue shirt. YUMMY! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah yeah he's got another hand, but what about that hottie that was rock crawlin. You know... in the red Heep... wearing the tight blue shirt. YUMMY! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't help but think the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John [​IMG]

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

same here saw that last night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

3-4 years ago a saw a friend get his index finger cut off at the joint just below the nail with his ATV winch. It was a sight seeing everyone stomping around in the mud trying to find a piece of a finger so he could take it to the hospital with him /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Needless to say we never found it.

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That is why I don't use the hook that came w/ mine. It has a big (10,000lb WLL or 30,000 yeild) clevis on it. I don't think the hook rockstomper sells will fit through the fairlead, but it might. Be carefull.