Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just went wheelin' with Emmettology 101

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EDdaTREE, Nov 25, 2000.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Just went wheelin\' with Emmettology 101

Just got back from muddin' w/ Mike-(Emmetology 101) and his bro,and buddies...gotta say, nicest crew of people ya could ever wanna hang with.AND they womped all the MAJOR holes on the local trails here running 35's where most of the locals run 38's and bigger! Too bad we got rain or we coulda hung out longer. Anybody else around N.E. OHIO or western P.A.?...we could have a Colorado K/5 get together.

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

Re: Just went wheelin\' with Emmettology 101

does southeastern pa count or is that too far???there are a couple of us over here...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I guess it depends on how far ya wanna roll. Mike and them are around Sharon/Hermitage in N.W. PA. about 10 minutes from the OHIO line and I'm near Niles/Warren/Youngstown in N.E. OHIO but we got a whole bunch of nice trails around here that me and my buds hit whenever we can make the time. I usually like to camp and make a weekend out of it, weather permitting. Keep in touch and maybe we can get sumthin together with everybody.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'm down around Columbus, Ohio, but I'd be willing to travel sometime to go wheelin' with some other Blazers. I'm the only fullsize truck in a club of about 50 that wheels on any kind of regular basis (the other guys show up for 1 or 2 trailrides a year).

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey Ed! I had a great time also and you guys were great!

Webbb has ton of mud and we all had a great time. I wish we could have stayed longer and hit some more trails! Hopefully we can get together again soon.

I had another mis-hap on the way home. My Rear driveshaft decided to spit out a u-joint and took my slip yoke with it. I haven't had a chance to look to see if there was any damage to the t-case yet. I sort of new the u-joint was going, i guess I will have to do more preventive maintanence in the future!

If anyone wants to hit these trails, Ed and his group were great to wheel with and offered lots of help when I snapped a brakeline of the trail from ice in the one series of holes.

As soon as I get m rig back together again, I will drop you a line, Ed, and we'll have to go wheelin again!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I keep forgetting that there's that private e-mail dealy on here...hardly ever check it. Well if ya need another 203 case, Brians got 2 in his garage. Yeah, we'll have to do it again..soon as weather and time permits.And don't worry, I'll never mention how you got STUCK!... if you don't mention how I got STUCK! -LOL Anybody else who wants to tag along next time is more than welcome, We will hafta post sumpin' on here when we get it finalized!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just resting!"

7. Emmettology 101

I haven't got to check the t-case yet, but hopefully everything is ok. I do have an NP208 though...

Ya, I got stuck, oh well you win some and you loose some! :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

OOPS, forgot that you run that newer style,I'm used to the old dinosaur cast-iron stuff.The video from webb looks pretty cool..only 10-15 minutes worth cuz of the rain and drizzle tho.

9. Emmettology 101

I guess Kevin has some good video also.

Mike [​IMG]

10. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Group from East

I told Mike to let me know ahead of time and I will plan a trip over there from South Jersey some weekend. Anyone is more than welcome to caravan over.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

11. Emmettology 101

Re: Group from East

I will try and give you fair warning fo rhte next wheelin trip.

Mike [​IMG]

12. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I think it might be worth the drive from Jersey if ya don't have many trails up that way.We only had time to do about 30 to 40 percent of Webb road this last time and I still hav'nt shown these guys our other places that we wheel at,which are 5-10 minutes down the road.

13. Emmettology 101

Are the trails down the pipe line fun? I would like to get back there soon and hit some more trails!

Mike [​IMG]

14. Emmettology 101

Hey, I guess Kevin is giving me some pics from the trail ride and is going to get me a video.

As soon as i get the pics, i will get them scanned and posted!!!

Mike [​IMG]