Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just when I thought I had my plate full...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 12, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

... I notice my motor in the Suburban is leaning towards the pass side a bit. They were new motor mounts 2 years back when I put the motor in.

So, as I'm laying underneath, fiddling with wires by the starter, getting dirt in my eyes, trying to get the headlights to work, I look to see both rubbers in the motor mounts tweaked... pass side pushed down, drivers side pushed up.

Then I look back as I go to climb out and... WHAT!?

The pass side ear off the adapter for the 465/205 is split off. Just the whole chunk of the ear with the bolt through it is sitting there detached from the rest of the adapter.

And I just put that tranny and t-case in last January.

Why can't anything be simply over with and done?

Oh, and my headlights just went off once on the freeway and once in town tonight, making me have to crawl under and fiddle with wires twice more tonight.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

And we own these things cuz they're fun right??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif You'll get it all fixed (again) and you'll be as happy as a pig is slop don't you fret.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I know I will /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. I have two weeks to do it all. My goal is to be back up to 4 running and driving rigs again before my vacation is over.

For me it's mainly motor year. Everything is getting or in need of another motor. Except the Suburban. I hope it lasts. It just keeps breaking stuff. It snapped the heads off 4 of the 6 bellhousing bolts within the 1st year it was in. Now this.

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hell I'd be happy with three. Just to have one as a backup for Wimpy.