Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Just when I thought you guys couldn't get any cooler! Thanks MIKE (MJF)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MilpitasK5, Jan 20, 2003.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Just when I thought you guys couldn\'t get any cooler! Thanks MIKE (MJF)

I'm stittin' at work today around 3 or 4 and I open up CK5. I got two PMs:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Thought about you when I saw this. I am gonna try to call the guy to see if he has any 3/4 ton axles.

http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/pen/car/8086312.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Second one:
    Well as long as the ad I sent you earlier isn't a scam, I think I got you a set of 3/4 ton axles w/4.10's.

I'll see if teh guy emails me back &amp; I'll go pick them up after work.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I replied and didn't hear anything back so I just left him my number.
    6:00 rolls around and he calls to tell me that I can pick the 14bolt and D44. Even offered to deliver them. He picked them up from Daly City /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif!

Just wanted to share this with you all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    So now in my garage, I have a set of 3/4 ton axles, drum to drum, and disc to disc, with 4:10s /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks again Mike!!

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Just when I thought you guys couldn\'t get any cooler! Thanks MIKE (MJF)

OH yeah, I haven't measured it up yet but both axles are in pretty good condition. Little rust bit of rust but you can still see most of the paint.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Kewl deal.. If anybody runs across a set like that again... call me... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

I found a set for $600 out of a 73 K20....D44 and 14FF I think....

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What gears.. Do you now????

6. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good sh!et!! Bout time... MJF you're the man!

7. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

You guys don't even know how much of a fluke that was. First off, I hadn't gone to craigs list in a at least a week. Second, I just happened to catch the ad 5 or so minutes after it was posted. Third, I have had ny wife's truck parked here at work for 3 months &amp; I never bring a set of keys to it. It just so happened that I had the keys yesterday. If I would have had to go home &amp; get another truck, I probably would not have made it in time.

So I leave work 30 minutes early, driving 80 in a truck that hasn't been driven in 3 months &amp; needs new ball joints. I made it from Sunnyvale to Daly city in record time. The guy had told me to bring a friend because he hurt his back &amp; couldn't help lift them, but I went alone, determined I was gonna get these things loaded no matter what. Luckily, one of the sons was there to help me.

So for a tank of gas &amp; the fifteen dollars I had in my pocket I gave the kid for helping me, Chris has a 3/4 ton setup. It was a good day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Great Job Mike!

I have to say your building quite a balance in your "Karma Account"!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Holy crap Mike that is a very nice thing to do...What a guy...!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have to say your building quite a balance in your "Karma Account"!!!

I agree!! Your karma is a nice shade of Drk Green /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Awsome!!

12. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I like to /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif out where I can. It's like I said in another thread where everyone was bad mouthing each other, I think of this group as a group of friends.

I haven't met everyone yet, but most everyone seems pretty cool. Except for that Budda Ray guy &amp; his sheep. It's just plain wrong that he won't share /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Greedy bastard.

13. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Right on Mike! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

...and right on Chris!
    Yer going 8 lug! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Let me know when yer gonna put em in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Good stuff! Mike, once again you are the man! Let me know when you're going to install those things, Chris; I can see if I can escape the wife for a day and come help out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

15. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

What gears.. Do you now????

[/ QUOTE ]

nope I don't know what gears.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Mike you are the man... Are you sure you want to get out of wheelin???? You sure helped me out of a spot and now helping out another member.

Thanks,
    David
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I'm not getting out of wheelin. I'm just shifting my focus a little. At first I was thinking I could take a K5, throw on a few parts, &amp; hit the rubicon. I'm now gonna try to build a rig that I really like &amp; take it out for some light wheelin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Ooo So SWEET!!!! YYYYEEEHHAAA

THAT ROCKS!